Where You’ll Work
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in the world’s most talented software engineers.
Based globally and operating remotely, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the globe while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela is hiring for a top priority placement at a leading cross platform computer peripheral devices manufacturer. Our partner is looking for stable, long-term talent to join them as a Solutions Architect
What You’ll Do
To create technical solution designs that meet the The Company’s Business requirements and guide the project implementation during the development, technical setup and deployment phases whilst ensuring compliance with the Global reference architecture and Vodacom Group’s architectural principles.
Contribute and lead technology selection process and make or buy decisions;
Owner of the Solution Integration statement of work which translates the high level design and requirements into detailed technical deliverables, identifying the risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies for submission into the Programme risk register;
Work in close cooperation with Business Analysts and Software Developers to drive the continuous evolution and improvement of market and group-lead initiatives;
Interpret business challenges and technical issues and effectively communicate how a solution will align to their needs and requirements;
Technical risk/issue ownership and management/resolution during solution delivery;
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Deep knowledge of Internet and IP/MPLS Network technology. Specifically, Broad and deep technical knowledge of the following as a minimum:
- MPLS (LDP, RSVP, fast re-route, Segment Routing), BGP, ISIS, OSPF, Ethernet (inc. QoS & OAM), L2 & L3 VPNs IP-QoS, BNGs, IP Multicast, PPP, L2TP, 3rd Party Ethernet & broadband access products, MEF services (E-LAN, E-tree , E-Line.), Internet peering & transit, RIPE, IPv6 and NFV.
- Architectural skillset in IP/MPLS technologies and services. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable security best practice awareness across service provider IP/MPLS domains.
- Familiar with Traffic and KPI indicators on IP/MPLS Networks
- Demonstrable thought leadership into emerging technologies for example Software Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualization as well as others (Not needed).
- Understanding of key IP/MPLS operational and/or IP/MPLS network design requirements.
- Good background on Hw and Sw characteristics and lifecycle, in depth understanding of features and how they work in real environment
- Familiar with Traffic and KPI indicators on IP Networks.
- Competent with AWS Cloud infrastructure and services, Infrastructure as Code specifically Terraform scripts
- Experience with Containers - Docker, Kubernetes
- Develop and implement CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of scripting languages to create well organised, readable and tested code to deliver within the constraints of continuous integration and delivery environments
Must have technical / professional qualifications
- Financial services experience
- Technical knowledge in: Unix based Oss (Admin level), Database Operations and Administration (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Unix based systems, JSON and SOAP APIs, Cryptographic algorithms, IP Networks
- Some experience in negotiating and working with vendors/partners
- Experience working with agile methodologies, methods and frameworks. i.e. Scrum or Kanban
- Degree in IT / engineering
- Fluent in English and Portuguese (essential)
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.