Where You’ll Work
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in the world’s most talented software engineers.
Based globally and operating remotely, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the globe while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela is hiring for a top priority placement at a leading cross platform computer peripheral devices manufacturer. Our partner is looking for stable, long-term talent to join them as a Project Lead
What You’ll Do
Working with the Mobile Payment Africa (MPA) Delivery Team the In-Market Delivery Manager is seconded to Markets and responsible for the end-to-end delivery of agreed MPA supported products, projects and services within assigned Market/s.
The In-Market Delivery Manager will act as the Project Manager with responsibility for projects’ delivery. They will work closely with the local market, MPA Product Manager, Product Owner, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts and Solution Architects. They will align local market resources for their defined services to ensure on-budget project delivery satisfaction for their Market’s Group supported projects.
The In-Market Delivery Manager will guide the Markets and lead local project and technical resources. The role holder will also lead the activities to commercialise demand and work with the MPS Programme Managers as the principle communication hub to MPA Governance, Product and Engineering challenges in the Market’s projects.
Finally the role holder will agree with the Programme Manager and guide the Project Management Office on the projects’ overall priorities, programme demand, capacity management, planning and of local Market constraints, dependencies and priorities..
- Delivery of end to end MPS products and services to assigned Markets
- MPA Delivery leadership within assigned Markets to maintain high level of customer satisfaction
- Project Executive activities for Service Integrator’s project activities in Markets
- Establish and maintain strong relationships up to and including executive level in markets.
- Directly support key market deployments, planning, approval and execution.
- Management and resolution of local project issues, risks and dependencies with local Market teams.
- Escalation management of critical issues to Market and MPA Programme Managers.
- Local resource prioritisation and alignment with MAP Core roadmap.
- Manage Vendor activities to ensure delivery within delegated assigned budgets.
- Implement and maintain productive local Governance for assigned services.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Project Management with international suppliers or markets – minimum 3 years
- Project Management - PRINCE 2, APMP or equivalent
- Agile Project Management Qualification Scrum/Kanban/SAFe or equivalent
- Communication and relationship management experience to executive level – 3 years
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills
- Mobile Payment or Financial Services Experience
- Service Operations Qualification – ITIL
- AML Qualification - ICA Certificate in Anti Money Laundering Awareness
- Regulated industry experience
- Programme Management Qualification and Experience – MSP
- Degree Qualification - Preferably STEM
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.