Where You’ll Work
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in the world’s most talented software engineers.
Based globally and operating remotely, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the globe while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela is hiring for a top priority placement at a leading cross platform computer peripheral devices manufacturer. Our partner is looking for stable, long-term talent to join them as an InSight Engineer
What You’ll Do
Working with the Mobile Payment Africa (MPA) Delivery Team the In-Market InSight Engineer is responsible for the configuration of the Insight platform in order to support the agreed MPA supported products, projects and services within assigned Markets.
The In-Market InSight Engineer will liaise with the current InSight engineers in order to understand the current best practices, and implement the new features defined within the assigned RTE.
- Delivery of end to end MPS products and services to assigned Markets
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with existing Insight engineers and Insight Vendor.
- Directly support key market deployments on the configuration of the insight platform.
- Identification of local project issues, risks and dependencies with local Market teams.
- Implement and maintain productive local Governance for assigned services.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- System / API Integration Experience (Tools like Apigee, Tibco, MuleSoft ESB, SSL Certificates or similar).
- Understanding of data structures, including XML, JSON, objects, and arrays.
- Command-line based Linux/Unix experience (System administration or networking experience would be a bonus.)
- SQL and Relational Database experience (Oracle , PostgreSQL)
- MongoDB and Cassandra experience
- NoSQL databases and distributed storage concepts. Apache Cassandra would be advantageous.
- Experience with forward proxying, reverse proxying and load balancing.
- NGINX, HA Proxy or Squid would be advantageous.
- AWS ELB or F5 NLB would be a bonus.
- Containerisation and orchestration knowledge.
- Docker and Swarm would be advantageous.
- Kubernetes would be a bonus.
- Mobile Payment or Financial Services Experience
- Service Operations Qualification – ITIL
- AML Qualification - ICA Certificate in Anti Money Laundering Awareness
- Regulated industry experience
- Programme Management Qualification and Experience – MSP
- Degree Qualification - Preferably STEM
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.