Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the Role
The Director of Talent Acquisition will be a key leader on the people team. In this role, you will manage an international team of recruiters responsible for attracting and hiring stellar talent across all of our internal functions (sales, marketing, talent operations, FP&A etc).
This a first of its kind role for Andela, following our move to remote first work and expanding our approach to talent acquisition to be truly global. It’s a fast paced, complex environment where you will be able to have a profound impact on your team, the broader people team and Andela as a whole.
If you are humble and driven, passionate about your craft, excited to build something world class and some of the things below please consider applying.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strategy - design and implement a best in class recruitment function that prioritizes experience over process, and drives repeatable scalable results
- Leadership - you are comfortable navigating an array of senior stakeholders. You'll have to push back sometimes, collaborate at others and offer solutions - it’s rarely “yes” or “no”
- Management - lead with both head and heart in managing an international team of 6-10 recruiters. You are intrinsically motivated to enable others and prioritize the experience of your team. Fairness, clarity in expectations, quality feedback are important to you
- Data informed - leverage data to set and evaluate hiring targets for individual and team performance to deliver on hiring plan (~150/year). Advise and develop sourcing strategies to support hiring managers looking to build diverse teams.
- Measurement - leverage systems to drive visibility into the value your team creates, get us out of the googlesheet game!
- Tools - lead ongoing evaluation and implementation of tools that drive efficiency and effectiveness ultimately improving hiring outcomes.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - partner with in house DEI team to ensure recruiting practices are structured to remove bias and drive desired outcomes to build diverse teams.
- Employer Brand - partner with people leadership and marketing teams to tell the compelling “Why Andela” story, implementing a creative approach to building brand awareness and
Here’s a bit of who you are:
- You care deeply about quality and people
- You are curious about the future of work, and to be part of a dynamic and truly global environment
- You are comfortable with and experienced in remote leadership of a diverse team
- You have a proven track record in leading high-performing, high-volume talent acquisition groups and driving cross-functional initiatives
- You have significant and relevant experience across recruiting and other related talent acquisition/HR roles leading large teams
- You have worked for a technology company and hired technical roles
- You are process oriented & data driven in your decision making; passionate about fixing complex operational challenges allowing for greater scalability and global impact
- You are a structured, logical, and creative thinker with an ability to dissect a problem using a critical approach and iteratively test solutions
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations
- You are a credible expert, influencing through a trusted advisor approach
This role is fully remote