Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
Andela’s Product Team is at the intersection of people, process, and technology. We’re building a next-generation platform that facilitates the connection between the global talent workforce (brilliance) and some of the best companies in the world (opportunity). We are a small team, rapidly expanding and passionate about making an impact.
We’re looking for an experienced platform product manager who will use research, data, and technical know-how to define strategy for a category of horizontal products, and who is at the same time a world-class executor. In this role, you’ll be responsible for some of the most business critical systems and services that keep Andela’s platform running. Experience with technical products such as user management and identity products, APIs, integrations, and developer experience products is a must.
If this sounds like you, keep reading - we want to hear from you! We are a fully remote company and you can truly live anywhere while doing this job. English fluency is required.
- Own and define the platform product strategy.
- Define, scope, and prioritize Andela’s Platform roadmap; working extensively with our platform team, architects, product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders to understand upcoming product needs and prioritize building shared solutions.
- Own and lead all aspects of an established agile team: writing user stories and acceptance criteria, backlog grooming, triage and prioritization, demos, end to end product execution, cross-functional leadership.
- Communicate product direction, progress, delivery, launch, and mitigation plans to all relevant team members and business stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain credibility throughout the company, and with our users.
- Conduct user research and data analysis to assess opportunities, risks, and business plans.
- Set adoption and quality targets, continuously analyzing data to assess the success of a product and inform product direction.
In the first week:
- Onboard and integrate into Andela.
- Learn about Andela’s existing product suite.
- Become acquainted with your area of focus, peers, stakeholders, and your product goals.
In the first month:
- Start collaborating closely with your engineering team to familiarize yourself with the backlog and needs.
- Work with senior team members to develop and prioritize your high level roadmap.
- Form relationships with your business stakeholders and start understanding end user personas.
- Take over all current initiatives.
In the first three months:
- Fully own the platform product area, working with other team members to complete research and prioritization for the next major release.
- Ship features that deliver high business value.
- Fully embed yourself in your engineering team and take ownership of all product management activities.
- Monitor the success and adoption of any product features shipped against company goals.
- Understand Andela business processes that fall under your area of responsibility and propose new ways to scale those processes with product.
- Run stakeholder meetings/initiatives to evangelize and push adoption of the product roadmap.
- Establish yourself as a well known, key player within the product team and within Andela.
In the first six months:
- Develop a repeatable model for delivering against company and product goals.
- Mentor more junior product team members.
- Consistently re-evaluate the roadmap and backlog to seamlessly respond to changing market and business priorities.
- Work with engineering to continuously improve development processes and practices within your team.
- Contribute to the development of the product management team by introducing new ideas/initiatives and pushing for the maturation of existing processes.
In the first year:
- Define your area’s product strategy and plan for expansion.
- Deliver, deliver, deliver! You are a trusted and highly valued Andelan and our team relies on you to consistently ship high quality products that our users love.
- Continuously strive to scale and improve the team, meeting the growing needs of the business and our users.
- Discover new product opportunities and actively contribute to the overall Andela product direction.
- 5+ years of technical or platform product management experience at a software company, marketplace or B2B SaaS preferred. 7+ years overall work experience.
- Experience with some combination of user management and identity products, APIs, integrations, and developer experience products is a must.
- Ability to think deeply about both product and technical design and use sound judgment to assess risks and challenge assumptions.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred, but not a dealbreaker.
- Consensus-builder; develops relationships across the company with ease.
- Technical fluency; you don’t have to be an engineer, but you do need to speak the language.
- Ability to build wireframes and mockups, with a knack for keeping things simple.
- Strong understanding of how to truly propose and build a lean MVP and scope out further milestones for a product or feature.
- Detail oriented and a high bar for quality when it comes to writing stories, acceptance criteria, launch plans, and testing a feature before greenlighting its to launch to users.
- Strong project management with the ability to identify and communicate blockers, next steps, and progress.
- Strong analytical skills and fluency with data, with the ability to use a variety of tools to gather and synthesize information (experience with Google Analytics, BigQuery, Looker a major plus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a tendency to over-document and over-communicate: we are fully remote, so this is very important!
- Humble and willing to learn/grow. We need confident and capable PMs who want to help each other succeed as much as they want to help our talent succeed.
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Unlimited paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours