Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the role
Andela is seeking a Technical Account Manager / Matcher responsible for scoping and fulfilling talent-based solutions of distributed software engineering teams across complex roles with recommendations for team composition, seniority distribution, and pricing to senior tech leaders at our clients. In partnership with the Revenue team, this team is responsible for two primary areas:
- Gathering, documenting, and communicating client requirements based on their business, technical, cultural, and resourcing needs.
- Identifying, vetting, and placing the best qualified Andela engineer(s) to meet those needs.
In this role, you will sit at the nexus of our talent network - enabling our clients to reach their goals while allowing our engineers to gain experiences that help them to learn and grow, ensuring the best experience for both. Our clients today range from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. CTOs and engineering leaders at these organizations supplement their teams with Andela engineers who range in background, technical expertise, and seniority. Effectively matching the best technical teams for our partners’ needs is at the crux of our value proposition.
This position requires a highly organized self-starter with an interest in operations, talent, and engineering. You must be comfortable navigating ambiguity and working across cross-cultural teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand clients’ needs and be able to effectively craft and convey the best solution that fits their unique needs, including advising on likely resourcing strategies, expected timelines, and any talent-related constraints
- Translate business and functional requirements from clients into documented technical specifications to aid in matching clients with the appropriate engineers
- Own resourcing logistics and matchmaking on all engagements (new and upsells), while providing insight into the process to relevant teams
- Provide transparency on the availability of our engineers to revenue driving teams and liaise with recruiters to proactively bolster available talent with in-demand skills
- When talent supply is unavailable, partner with recruiting team to strategize the best solution
- Develop a deep understanding of engineers currently available, including their technical skillset, prior industry experience, and growth desires
- Ensure 100% data accuracy in Andela’s systems around engineer profiles, availability, and engagements
- Lead informational sessions with engineers concerning the placement and resourcing process
- Maintain deep awareness of trends in software development and best practices in distributed work
- Four-year degree from an accredited university, preferably in Business, Operations, Engineering, or Computer Science
- 2+ years in a client-facing, operationally-focused role, ideally interacting with mid- to senior-level technology executives
- Previous experience working in software development in the capacity of a software engineer or Project/Product Management will be essential for the most optimal outcome
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-disciplinary and geographically dispersed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and keep track of multiple work streams at once
- Strong organizational skills with experience coordinating multiple work streams simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and act tactically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Understanding of software development processes, testing methodologies, and deployment processes
- Experience working in and with distributed teams
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.