Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the role
We are seeking an experienced People Programs manager to design and implement People Programs for our global distributed workforce. You will be responsible for assessing the needs of our organization and leading programs that help attract, develop, motivate and retain great talent. Around 50% of this role will focus on learning and development. The ideal candidate will have had experience in Learning and Development, and ideally other areas such as recognition, wellbeing, the future of work and defining and developing culture.
You are the type of person who is excited to work in a fast paced growing organization and works in an innovative and agile manner to pilot programs and deliver results fast.
This role reports into the Senior Director of People, has a team of three current employees and is 100% remote.
- Continually assess and define people requirements: Understand business objectives and define the associated requirements
- Design and launch programs: Design and deliver scalable programs across a global distributed organization ranging from recognition programs to learning and development.
- Leverage available technology in the ongoing design and delivery of programs to maximize the experience and create efficiencies.
- Stakeholder collaboration: Work with key stakeholders across the organization to design and implement programs
- Monitor and report on people programs, costs and performance
- Continual learning: Maintain a keen understanding of external trends
- Team Leadership: lead a team of approximately 3 coordinators, supporting their growth and development, and helping them to reach their full potential
- 5+ years experience designing and delivering People programs including learning and development
- Ability to communicate in a clear structured way, working with many stakeholders
- Advanced skills with Google Docs/Microsoft Word, Sheets/Excel and Slides/Powerpoint.
- A Growth Mindset; the openness to learn new things to continually improve and the ability to learn from your mistakes and failures
- Openness to change and adaptability or experience working in a high-growth fast paced changing organization
- Able to thrive in a diverse, globally distributed team
This role is fully remote and work from home