Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the Role
Account Manager Role Overview:
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Account Manager to drive consultative growth within your designated book of business. You will be the face of Andela to our clients and work to meet their core business needs through the strategic placement of our world-class engineers. You will serve as a consultant to our existing clients — using data-driven approaches and frameworks to identify further opportunities for partnership.
With your strong understanding of organizational structures and your clients’ needs, you will develop practical solutions that support both our clients’ business growth and Andela’s competencies within Engineering Services. You are passionate about technology, diversity, and working with people, and you’ve developed rigorous and systematic techniques for prospecting, sales, and upsell success. You have a proven track record in managing small to medium businesses and seamlessly navigating their processes.
In this job, you will:
- Own the business relationship with your accounts from contract close through their lifetime at Andela
- Manage strategic partner relationships by organizing and leading routine sessions with key stakeholders to educate them on Andela, understand their pain points, and identify areas for opportunity to collaborate
- Serve as the key account contact with senior stakeholders across small to medium sized companies
- Perform quarterly account planning to identify areas of focus and asks to hit quarterly targets
- Work cross-functionally with many Andela teams - Partner Engineering, Product, Marketing, etc - and must have strong ability to influence without authority
- Serve as a Voice of the Customer within Andela
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You have 3+ years of experience in sales, account management, or client services roles and have carried an individual quota
- You have experience managing relationships & selling marketplace technology or services to small or medium sized businesses
- Clients and internal stakeholders alike love working with you, and your business thrives because of it
- You have successfully executed on multiple complex projects and navigated ambiguity
- You have work experience with best-in-class technology companies and/or with distributed teams
This is a fully remote/work from home role