Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
You are passionate about supporting recruiting functions, building and designing systems and processes that increase efficiency and you have a love for finding and supporting unique individuals that, given the right role, have the power to change the world. You are excited to represent Andela to a wide variety of candidates across levels of seniority and thrive in a multi-functional role in fast-paced, innovative environments, and solving key issues enabling recruiting functions to thrive and aiding in finding and empowering top talents. You have strong analytical and time/project management skills. You are a confident self-starter and a results-oriented individual excited by the mission that you apply your skills towards. You’ll partner closely with the Recruiting team to optimize the job roles in focus.
About the role:
Andela is a fast growing organization that requires a strong recruitment team to achieve its hiring goals. The Recruitment Specialist will work with an awesome team to drive Andela’s recruitment strategy of hiring top talents whose values and goals are very well aligned with that of Andela. In partnership with hiring managers, you will be responsible for sourcing and hiring these talents while ensuring all stakeholders have a great hiring experience.
What you will do:
Candidate Sourcing and selection
- Actively source top talent online to build a funnel of qualified candidates for a quickly scaling and dynamic global team, for diverse functions across the organisation
- Work closely with hiring managers to achieve a clear understanding of job roles in order to identify the best talents
- Design and maintain systems that guarantee punctual and delightful evaluation processes for our candidates.
- Comply with and bolster data analysis systems to improve performance tracking once hired.
- Engage and captivate the interest of high-quality candidates and convert those candidates into hires.
- Identify new sourcing channels and tools through frequent research
- Ensure a best-in-class selection process
- Coordinate and communicate with internal stakeholders to guarantee headcount is filled on time, and through the most equitable and objective processes possible.
- Partner with hiring managers to identify hiring needs and best ways to fill those needs.
- Proactively guide internal stakeholders towards best hiring practices.
- Provide timely feedback to candidates to ensure a great candidate experience
- Maintain positive relationships with candidates in ways that could yield referrals that could become potential hire
- Build a community of top talents that can be tapped into in the near future
- Create accessible resources for your stakeholder (candidates, hiring managers and interviewers)
What you should have:
- 4+ years experience in talent acquisition/recruitment
- Experience recruiting SMB - Enterprise Account Executives is required
- A self-starter and able to work independently with some ambiguity and develop process and structure as needed.
- Creativity in expanding the ecosystem for sourcing top talent for Andela.
- You are Innovative and a supporter of diversity and equal employment opportunity
- Active sourcing experience through platforms such as LinkedIn, Boolean search exposure and leveraging networks through referrals and internal applicants
- Familiarity with employment laws and be supportive of diversity
- Curiosity about how to improve efficiency in attracting top talent from across different locations.
- Excellent People, Communication, Problem-solving, Negotiation, Time management and Coordination skills.
- You understand the value of maintaining positive relationships and creating an awesome candidate/hiring manager’s experience.
- You have a knack for developing, coordinating and implementing the calendars of activities to ensure that targets are hit in a timely manner
- Excellent knowledge and passion about Andela’s mission and vision. Able to convincingly sell Andela’s opportunity to prospective employees
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great independent follow-through
- You are great at researching candidates and their previous employers online, and have a very strong interest in talent acquisition and personal career trajectories.
- High learning velocity and readiness to be awesome