Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
Data & Analytics at Andela:
Data Analysts equip Andelans with the means to make data-informed decisions at every turn. This includes BI tooling and infrastructure as well as thoughtful analysis. Working closely with stakeholders, you’ll provide analysis for a myriad of problems across the supply and demand funnels as well as providing product insights. The mandate and scope of the data analyst is essentially unlimited, and ranges from business metrics to analyses that ultimately become productized. This role reports directly to the VP of Product.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with teams across the company to develop metrics and optimize against them.
- Support business teams with reporting and dashboards.
- Conduct actionable analysis and provide insights to decision makers.
- Identify and analyze trends and develop potential solutions.
- Work on a globally distributed data team across timezones to make a large impact on Andela's strategy.
Who you are:
- A self-starting, curious analyst with 2 years of experience in tech, consulting or finance
- Business-minded in addition to data savvy
- Advanced in Excel, proficient in SQL (beyond just knowing how to do inner vs. outer joins)
- Experience with relational databases (eg. PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Redshift)
- A strong communicator and team player who can distill and convey insights from complex data sets
- Adaptable and able to navigate a rapidly growing organization
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and tackle challenging problems
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Google Analytics
- High-growth startups
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.