Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from emerging markets
and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
Our People (This should remain unchanged):
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the role
We are seeking an HR Generalist to join our global People Operations Team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable diving deep into problems and be able to create solutions in a fast paced environment. In this role, you will work with stakeholders from the US business including Revenue and Finance to develop and improve people processes and operations. In addition to these core responsibilities, you will collaborate with People Strategy leaders in-country on personnel issues, while liaising with other People Operations leaders in Nigeria, Kenya, and Egypt to drive global total rewards strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to leverage their strength in operational efficiency while also gaining exposure to employee engagement and international employment practices via Andela’s talent marketplace.
- Own Payroll and Benefits operations end-to-end including, but not limited to, tax compliance, data entry, general benefits administration and education, etc.
- On- and off-boarding (eg., background checks, swag delivery, etc.)
- Curate and deliver a 5-star welcome experience for new hires and cultural events for US
- 401k and insurance enrollment and maintenance
- ATS and HRIS coordination
- Compliance with US labor laws and regulations
- Experience owning end-to-end payroll, benefits administration, 401k administration
- Experience with HRM systems, BambooHR experience is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Independent and flexible attitude: as the local expert in a fully-remote team, you will need to own US HR operations while working from home, and comfortably navigate cross-functional dynamics to diagnose and resolve legacy problems proactively
- Customer service mindset: as the owner of US Andelans’ administrative experience, you should be responsive, sensitive, and clear in your communications
This is a fully remote, work from home role.