Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
This is your opportunity to build a world-class Revenue Insights & Analysis function for a company that has a mission that matters. In your role, you will generate, analyze, and collate critical insights that will inform Andela’s revenue strategy. You will be responsible for delivering executive-level insights to our leadership team and working closely with revenue leaders in New Business, Customer Experience, and Marketing to capture the key levers and trends of revenue metrics that will affect the bottom line. This is a great opportunity for someone who is hypothesis-driven, collaborative, and willing to navigate ambiguity to unlock value throughout the revenue cycle.
- Initially, operate as a “team of one” with support from your colleagues in Revenue Operations.
- Lead and conduct business analysis that will surface insights to revenue leadership and drive strategic initiatives
- Collaborate closely with the Revenue department leads to develop, track, and review KPIs; be a point of reference for Strategy & Ops, Data, and Finance around KPIs.
- Help colleagues access the right data and understand what it reveals through hypothesis validation; recommend solutions to help move a metric
- Use data and analysis to identify trends and pinpoint the drivers or root cause behind them.
- Define and maintain reporting dashboards
- Work closely with the Head of Revenue Operations to contribute to executive-level presentations and strategic initiatives
- Within your first 30 days, you'll work to revamp our reporting systems and reportable key metrics.
- Within 60 days, you will have developed consistent reporting cadences for revenue metrics to key stakeholders.
- Within 120 days, you will have given analytical insights to revenue teams that will drive process optimization and revenue cycle improvements.
- Domestic travel as it arises on a case by case basis; at minimum 1x per quarter in non-pandemic times.
- Minimum 3 years working for a mature sales organization and enablement function which was responsible for thirty or more sales representatives
- Minimum 2 years in a Sales analytics or a similar analytics role
- Proficient in standard revenue metrics and measurements (Targets, Sales Funnel, etc.)
- Self-starter mentality with a track record of producing exceptional work with minimal supervision; can proactively identify revenue organization enablement needs and prioritize them
- Excellent team player with good written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent program and project management skills: proven ability to interact with and lead cross-functional teams
- Proficiency with tools such as SFDC, Excel & other data/business intelligence tools; experience with Insight Squared, Looker, and SQL is preferred
- Strong preference for individuals who have experience with Services based businesses
- Comfort with ambiguity
This is a fully remote, work from home role.