Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
As Andela’s Director of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for initiatives that improve our sales productivity and drive adoption of internal & externally facing product . You will represent the voice of both our customers and the broader market in which we operate. Ideally, you come with a background that spans software development, product management and marketing and have a proven ability to drive cross-functional teams towards successful business outcomes. You should be equally comfortable with thinking strategically and rolling up your sleeves in support of your position's responsibilities.
- Drive packaging and pricing decisions with our CRO and CFO and other stakeholders across the business
- Own the voice of the customer and market - systematically collect qualitative and quantitative inputs, draw on sharp analytical skills, and intuition to find patterns and opportunities that can be turned into actionable insights
- Work with sales leadership to develop sales tools, pitch decks, lead and prospect nurturing campaigns, and any other collateral needed to increase sales productivity in all of our business segments (Growth, Mid-Market & Enterprise)
- Work with marketing leadership to determine and iterate on a channel strategy that drives scalable, cost-effective, demand generation across market segments, and help prioritize those efforts to maximize profitable growth as we better align product capabilities and market needs
- Help build and influence content marketing efforts. Deploy a team of Product Marketers to create the content that helps Andela’s Demand Generation team drive prospects down the funnel
- Manage the launch process for new and existing products to the Engineers in the Andela Talent Network
- Grow and manage a distributed team of product marketing managers
- In the first 30 days you will familiarize yourself with our customers, sales and marketing materials, and product offerings, will have conducted a preliminary assessment of the competitive landscape, and shadowed Account Executives to better understand the end client
- In the first 60 days you will have familiarized yourself with Andela’s Talent Network, technology products aimed that audience, and created with Product a release calendar
- In the first 90 days, you will have refined our personas, their jobs-to-be-done, and leverage insights to improve our thought leadership efforts in partnership with Demand Generation
- 10+ years of Product Marketing experience, 5+ of which must have been at a scaling tech start-up
- Data-driven approach to gathering customer and market insights and packaging them for go-to-market alignment
- Experience balancing competing interests of senior stakeholders within your team
- Proven leadership leading best-in-class cross-functional teams