Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
Learn more about us at www.andela.com.
Andela is looking for an Account Executive to join this newly established team! As a key member of our sales organization, you’ll play an invaluable role in Andela’s growth strategy. You’ll be an individual contributor focusing solely on new business, working with your SDR partner to penetrate and generate opportunities within your territory. You will work with Fortune 2000 companies up to 7,500 employees. Our demand generation team will also support you with marketing materials and programs to generate interest that you and your SDR will work to qualify but you should expect to generate the majority of your own opportunities.
Who you are:
- Confident: You’re a natural at conveying value, and you know how to stand your ground.
- Dedicated: You love to sell, and you have the track record that shows you’re good at it.
- Persuasive: You’re an expert at navigating difficult conversations and getting your customers on board.
- Adaptable: You’re positive in the face of adversity and love the challenge of an ever-changing environment.
- Results-oriented: You have a bias for action and don't give up easily.
What you’ll do:
- Be an impactful player on a quickly evolving sales team
- Drive an effective sales process to hit your quarterly goals
- Actively prospect in partnership with your dedicated Sales Development Representative to generate qualified pipeline within your named account territory.
- Build Andela’s brand and add to its strong client base on the west coast
You should have:
- 5+ years as an individual contributor selling complex, consultative solutions and/or professional services with at least 2 years selling to mid-market or enterprise companies
- A track record of hitting and exceeding quota
- A robust sales methodology that you continually improve
- Experience selling to CTO’s or in the technology landscape, a plus
- Startup experience a plus
This role is fully remote and work-from-home