Where You’ll Work
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software engineers.
Based globally and operating remotely, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela is currently hiring a Solutions Architect with a strong background in Mobile and Smartphone applications, to delight one of our global partners.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to Lead Architect, the Solutions Architect is responsible for producing detailed application architecture and detailed application designs covering the functional and non-functional requirements for the Automated Software Deployment platform.
The Solutions Architect will work closely with the Enterprise Architect, Business Analysts, and Group technology stakeholders to ensure that the platform meets the needs of the business within the boundaries of the architectural roadmap and strategy.
- To be the subject matter expert in automated software delivery for backend applications on multiple stacks, covering physical, virtual, and cloud and the available technologies including software delivery tools, CI/CD tools, DevOps, etc. To turn business requirements into application requirements and designs.
- Responsible for non-functional requirements (NFR) definition and design components across all automated delivery/DevOps where necessary the definition of applicable NFR’s.
- Applications design specifications for end-user application designs, integration services, and API designs, messaging design and security configuration, core application and business logic, database, and reporting.
- Detail and maintain application component definitions of the Automated Deployment platform.
- Ensure component mapping is updated in alignment with roadmap and platform changes.
- Work closely with the partner group to understand pre-approved, secure design patterns to ensure that designs adhere to security policies and benefit from technology integration already developed
- Supporting the Mobile Payments Enterprise Architect, continuously look for opportunities to enhance automated deployment and upgrade lifecycle processes from requirements through to delivery.
- Support the definition of architectural policies for requirements, design, development, test, and deploy phases.
- Support strategy definition of load and performance testing, working with business & operational stakeholders to articulate the impact of testing on the quality of service.
- Support the definition of tooling strategy to support the development of lifecycle and work with relevant teams to ensure that maximum benefit is obtained from the tools.
- Utilize technology experience, assist the Mobile Payments Enterprise Architect in defining and communicating the Mobile Payments technology roadmap.
- Assess products and approaches to support the architectural evolution of the platform.
- Work with business stakeholders to highlight business implications and enablers of technology roadmap on future procedures and business processes.
- Work with Group and Operating Company lead technologists to ensure that roadmap aligns with overall organisation technology strategy.
- Pro-actively look for future technology solutions to reduce Total Cost of platform ownership
- IT-related education/degree
- At least 6 years in extensive hands-on experience of Software development, under Agile process.
- At least 2 years proven experience of application architectures
- Experience on CI/CD processes and technologies, like Jenkins, Git, Docker, Packer
- Experience in the use of UML notation in capturing and documenting designs
- Experience of working within a multi-national team and serving customers from multiple countries would be of benefit
- Practical experience of a range of development and application technology platforms, like Java, SQL, XML technologies
- Experience of API development and integration covering various design approaches like HTTP, SOAP, REST.
- Ability to work within a demanding environment, being a key contributor to a fast-moving product
- Ability to work reactively and proactively
- Strong business and customer focus
- Demonstrable numerical, analytical and verbal skills, in particular well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience of working in an agile environment will be beneficial.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.