Where You’ll Work
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software engineers. Based globally and operating remotely, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
- Delivery of new Mobile Money Products, Services, and Engineering projects.
- Creation and maintenance of a trusted delivery partnership and guidance of MPS markets in their delivery of local MPS supported services.
- Vendor management for assigned projects and programs and guidance of in-market resources to ensure synergies remain strong between MPS, markets, and partners.
- Development of squad performance to continuously improve project delivery metrics and Time to Market.
- Initial Projects will focus on Financial Services including Merchant and Consumer loan products and overdrafts. Future projects may support the full range of Corporate Group services.
- Strong Project Management (Waterfall and Agile) experience
- Subject matter knowledge of mobile payment applications and infrastructure delivery.
- Technical and business understanding of mobile telecommunications, mobile payments, or similar financial system operations.
- Off-shore delivery experience and use of remote working communication tools.
Essential Technical / Professional Qualifications
- Project Management with international suppliers or markets – a minimum of 3 years
- Project Management - PRINCE 2, APMP or equivalent
- Agile Project Management Qualification Scrum/Kanban/SAFe or equivalent
- Communication and relationship management experience to Executive level – 3 years
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills
- Excellent stakeholder and vendor management skills.
Desirable Technical / Professional Qualifications
- Mobile Payment or Financial Services Experience
- Service Operations Qualification – ITIL
- AML Qualification - ICA Certificate in Anti Money Laundering Awareness
- Regulated industry experience
- Programme Management Qualification and Experience – MSP
- Degree Qualification - Preferably STEM
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.