Where You’ll Work
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software engineers. Based globally and operating remotely, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
What You’ll Do
You’ll work as a Technical Developer on proprietary platforms like Tibco and Apigee.
- System / API Integration Experience (Tools like Apigee, Tibco, MuleSoft ESB, SSL Certificates or similar).
- Understanding of data structures, including XML, JSON, objects, and arrays.
- Command-line based Linux/Unix experience (System administration or networking experience would be a bonus.)
- SQL and Relational Database experience(Oracle , PostgreSQL)
- MongoDB and Cassandra experience
- NoSQL databases and distributed storage concepts. Apache Cassandra would be advantageous.
- Experience with forward proxying, reverse proxying and load balancing.
- NGINX, HA Proxy or Squid would be advantageous.
- AWS ELB or F5 NLB would be a bonus.
- Containerisation and orchestration knowledge.
- Docker and Swarm would be advantageous.
- Kubernetes would be a bonus.
- Agile hands-on experience, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience with CI/CD and automation tools such as Jenkins, GitLab or Ansible.
- Development experience in an object-oriented language such as Java.
- Exposure to mobile financial services, such as transaction switching or payment gateways.
- AWS or GCP fundamentals
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.