Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
As Andela’s Product Marketing Manager, you will help us drive growth in our SMB & Mid-Market segment by refining our positioning, messaging and materials.. You will represent the voice of the customers in those segments, the broader market in which we operate and leverage those insights to help us break into these markets and drive upsells. Ideally, you have a proven ability to drive cross-functional teams towards successful business outcomes, and have partnered with Product to drive Product Discovery, and are more than comfortable with basic financial modeling and market research.
- Identify strategic growth opportunities and drive progress against growth initiatives - Develop business cases, evaluate market opportunities, analyze financials and customer data, identify priorities, and push and execute for progress through Andela’s Business Leadership Team
- Develop the aforementioned market segments, buyer personas and jobs-to-be-done. Maintain a strong understanding of the competitive landscape to support differentiation of our offerings. Drive primary customer research as needed.
- Work with sales leadership to develop sales tools, pitch decks, lead and prospect nurturing campaigns, and any other collateral needed to increase sales productivity
- Manage our competitive intelligence programs. Research our competitors, benchmark our strengths and weaknesses, and arm the sales team to be successful in highly competitive situations.
- Assist in designing and executing go-to-market plans to enter new markets
- In the first 30 days you will familiarize yourself with our customers, sales and marketing materials, and product offerings, and the leadership team at and Andela
- In the first 60 days will have established yourself as a trusted partner to our Sales and Demand Generation and identified ways to support their respective efforts
- Beyond the first 90 days you will drive initiatives to refine our pitch materials, update our case studies, and launch, with Product new services offerings
- 5+ years of Product Marketing experience at a B2B company with successive leadership roles
- Ability to balance the strategic, conceptual and analytical thinking with deep customer empathy and understanding of underlying motivations.
- Analytical and strategic - deep analytical skills, demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, and keen ability to evaluate alternatives and make compelling recommendations
- Grit and comfort working with ambiguity – You have demonstrated perseverance toward a lofty goal through
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams toward GTM pilots and Product-Market fit
- Experience conducting primary market research in-house or through third-party vendors
This is a fully remote/work from home role.