Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised over $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Andela’s Product Marketing Manager, you will partner with our drive growth on in SMB segment by partnering with sales, understanding their impediments to closing deals, keeping their collateral up-to-date and will participate in the launch of and training around new offerings. Ideally, you have a proven ability to drive cross-functional teams towards successful business outcomes, have partnered with Product to drive Product Discovery, and are have demonstrated an ability to be a strong partner to revenue teams.
- Partner with the revenue team to ensure we have the collateral required to support the sales process including sales decks, training materials, case studies, etc.
- Work within cross-functional teams to develop product positioning that will help differentiate our offerings to prospects in one or more of our segments.
- Manage our competitive intelligence programs. Research our competitors, benchmark our strengths and weaknesses, and arm the sales team to be successful in highly competitive situations.
- Assist in designing and executing go-to-market plans for new product releases.
- Collect insights about our offerings for the Product team and partner with them on the quarterly roadmap
- In the first 30 days you will familiarize yourself with our customers, sales and marketing materials, and product offerings, and the leadership team at and Andela
- In the first 60 days will have established yourself as a trusted partner to our SMB sales team and Demand Generation and identified ways to support their respective efforts
- Beyond the first 90 days you will drive initiatives to refine our pitch materials, update our case studies, and launch, with Product new services offerings
- International travel likely 1-2x a year;
- Domestic travel as it comes up on a case by case basis
- 2+ years of Product Marketing experience at a B2B company with successive leadership roles
- Grit and comfort working with ambiguity – You have demonstrated perseverance toward a lofty goal
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams toward GTM pilots and Product-Market fit
- Ability to find uncover customer and prospect insights and make them actionable
- Experience conducting primary market research in-house or through third-party vendors
- Management Consulting experience a plus
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.