Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About The Role
Andela is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our FP&A team. Reporting to the Manager of Strategic Finance, and with significant exposure to senior management throughout the company, this role will be an integral part in helping us continue scaling the global financial management of the company. The ideal candidate will bring a strong mix of strategic thinking, analytical ability, intellectual curiosity, and attention to detail.
- Prepare and manage budget and forecasts for business units
- Update detailed operating and projections/financial models, working closely with multiple departments
- Analyze and monitor financial and operational performance. Prepare monthly financial reports and variance analyses (actuals versus budgeted/forecasted)
- Assist with monthly closes and coordinate with Accounting to ensure accurate financial results and reporting
- Identify trends and issues and address problems to ensure quality financial results
- Assist in corporate finance and business development work
- Drive financial considerations in decision-making framework to improve business profitability and capital efficiency
- Prepare presentations for management and participate in ad hoc projects as needed
- BA/BS required; major in accounting, finance, or business/economics preferred
- 2+ years minimum experience in investment banking or corporate finance
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills, with deep demonstrated understanding of financial modeling and analysis tools
- Must be data-driven and take initiative in developing new measurements and metrics
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to delve into the detail as well as take a higher-level view
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of an inter-departmental team in a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient in Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Ready to embrace start-up pace with a good sense of humor
- Passion to help transform the world.
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Remote working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.