Type: Full Time
Experience: Mid- Level
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the Talent Partnerships Lead Role:
You will be responsible for building, and maintaining talent partnerships programs and initiatives in Egypt and North African region. This is aimed at scaling our learning programs and developing key strategic partnerships in both public and private sector.
- Build key partner/funder relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions and trends
- Work with the Talent Partnerships Manager in ensuring that a proper partnerships structure is designed and implemented for Egypt
- Technical expertise to guide and structure the building of innovations based challenge program for engineers
- Liaise with the internal team, Talent Partnership, to increase opportunities and funding for partnerships/sponsorships and thereby maximize value for the developer ecosystem and Andela.
- Find potential new partners/funders, present to them, ultimately convert them into ALC Partners, and continue to grow business in the future.
- Manage existing partners and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. Manage partner portfolio
- Put together proposals bids or respond to relevant tenders for new assignments/projects/contracts
- Explore new avenues of activity and seek opportunities to drive up placements and engineer billing that the company can exploit in its bid to develop and grow. This includes recruitment, skills development and other related activities
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback
and information on market and creative trends
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to
developing new services, products, and reach channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, assignments & services, and relevant channels that will
lead to an increased reach for Andela in Egypt.
Key Skills Required
- Technology expert
- Deep understanding of the Africa Developer Ecosystem will be a plus (other notable community experience will be accepted)
- Proactive, self-starter with strong commercial acumen
- Experience of influencing senior management due to partnership discussions
- Leadership qualities – ability to lead and deliver results in a highly motivated, demanding
- Strong technical and analytical skills with proven ability in interpreting performance trends and taking proactive action.
- Identification of partner needs and challenges.
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting and Public Speaking
- Have a high level of attention to detail and organization.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.