Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised over $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
As Andela’s Principal Product Marketing Manager, you will help us drive growth in our nascent Enterprise and Key Accounts segments by identifying new offerings and improving C/W rates for our existing offerings . You will represent the voice of those customers, the broader market in which we operate and leverage those insights to help us break into these markets and drive upsells. Ideally, you have a proven ability to drive cross-functional teams towards successful business outcomes, have partnered with Product to drive Product Discovery, and are more than comfortable with basic financial modeling and market research.
- Identify strategic growth opportunities and drive progress against growth initiatives - Develop business cases, evaluate market opportunities, analyze financials and customer data, identify priorities, and push and execute for progress through Andela’s Business Leadership Team
- Develop business and marketing strategies to win key target Enterprise Accounts and upsells in Key Accounts in partnership with our PX and Demand Generation teams. This includes (but is not limited to) targeting, positioning, business models, channel strategies and campaigns
- Develop the aforementioned market segments, buyer personas and jobs-to-be-done. Maintain a strong understanding of the competitive landscape to support differentiation of our offerings. Drive primary customer research as needed.
- Drive packaging and pricing decisions with our Business Leadership Team within the Enterprise segment
- Work with sales leadership to develop sales tools, pitch decks, lead and prospect nurturing campaigns, and any other collateral needed to increase sales productivity
- Work with our Revenue Leadership Team to determine and iterate on a channel strategy that drives scalable, cost-effective, demand generation in the Enterprise segment and in Key Accounts, and help prioritize those efforts to maximize profitable growth as we better align product capabilities and market needs
- Manage the commercialization process for new products and services.
- In the first 30 days you will familiarize yourself with our customers, sales and marketing materials, and product offerings, and will have conducted a preliminary assessment of the competitive landscape in the Enterprise Market and have familiarized yourself with our Key Accounts.
- In the first 60 days, you will also formulate a plan to deepen our understanding of the pain points, personas, and value propositions in the Enterprise segment, along with our strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Beyond first 90 days you will drive initiatives to refine our pitch materials, and formulate, with Product, our up-market offerings.
- International travel likely 3 times a year;
- domestic travel as it comes up on a case by case basis
- 5+ years of Product Marketing experience at a B2B company with successive leadership roles
- Ability to balance the strategic, conceptual and analytical thinking with deep customer empathy and understanding of underlying motivations.
- Analytical and strategic - deep analytical skills, demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, and keen ability to evaluate alternatives and make compelling recommendations
- Grit and comfort working with ambiguity – You have demonstrated perseverance toward a lofty goal through
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams toward GTM pilots and Product-Market fit
- Experience conducting primary market research in-house or through third-party vendors
- Management Consulting experience a plus