Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
You are passionate about supporting recruiting functions, building and designing systems and processes that increase efficiency and you have a love for finding and supporting unique individuals that, given the right role have the power to change the world. You are excited to represent Andela to a wide variety of candidates across levels of seniority and thrive in a multi-functional role in fast-paced, innovative environments, and solving key issues enabling recruiting functions to thrive and aiding in finding and empowering Africa’s top engineers. You have strong analytical and time/project management skills. You are a confident self-starter and be a results-oriented individual excited by the mission that you apply your skills towards. You’ll partner closely with the Recruiting team to optimize the job roles in focus.
About the Role:
As Andela engages with the continent’s top Software Engineers, you will play a key role in attracting, talent mapping, sourcing and hiring key high calibre technologists across Africa, and filling mission critical roles which drive Andela’s growth and impact.
You are familiar with a wider range of sourcing and talent attraction techniques, across active sourcing on social media, databases and Boolean searches, as well as leveraging referrals and internal mobility/applicants.
We are looking for someone who understands how to build a pipeline through online sourcing tools, and understands how to quickly engage and progress candidates through the recruitment process. You must be highly organized and capable of prioritizing work with little guidance.
- Source top talent online to build a funnel of qualified candidates for a quickly scaling and dynamic global team
- Design and maintain systems that guarantee punctual and delightful evaluation processes for our candidates
- Coordinate (using recruiting software & tracking systems) and communicate with internal stakeholders to guarantee headcount is filled on time, and through the most equitable and objective processes possible
- Comply with and bolster data analysis systems to improve performance tracking once hired. Coordinating the various tasks to ensure a consistent, data collection towards active sourcing, candidate application review, referral actioning, interview pass-through rates and hiring goals.
- Engage and captivate the interest of high-quality candidates and convert those candidates into hires
Qualifications & Characteristics
- At least 3 years experience in a Talent Acquisition or Recruitment related role in an established Software House or IT/Telecommunication organisation, Technical Recruiting experience is a MUST.
- Curiosity about how to improve efficiency in attracting top software engineers from across the continent.
- Active sourcing experience through platforms such as LinkedIn, Github, Boolean search exposure , leveraging networks through referrals and internal applicants. Experience using ATS is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge and passion about Andela’s mission and vision. Able to convincingly sell Andela’s opportunity to prospective employees
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great independent follow-through
- You are great at researching candidates and their previous employers online, and have a very strong interest in talent acquisition and personal career trajectories.
- You are a heroine/hero at maintaining relationships, with a mind for client / candidate satisfaction.
- You have a knack for developing, coordinating and implementing the calendars of activities to ensure that targets are hit in a timely manner
- Outgoing personality and a high comfort level speaking with and selling to others
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, as well as good listening skills
- A self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Beautiful working environment with yummy snacks
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.