Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
The Senior Content Marketing Manager is a key member of the marketing team and will work cross-functionally to create compelling content focusing on various customer segments and personas. You’ll be responsible for determining the best way to create, deliver, and manage content across a variety of channels.
Reporting to the Head of Demand Generation, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Develop and execute a content strategy that engages decision makers across the marketing funnel
- Drive high-quality, high-velocity production of content, including blog posts, website/email copy, video scripts and storyboards, ebooks, customer case studies, thought leadership pieces, etc.
- Manage third-party content development agencies to help drive velocity of content production
- Maintain a content calendar that aligns with marketing campaigns, etc. working closely with product marketing, events, and demand generation teams.
- Track content KPIS and analyze content performance against marketing goals to help inform and optimize content strategy
- 5+ years marketing or journalism experience, and a Bachelors in English, Journalism, Marketing or a related field
- An ideas person with a creative mindset, and a brand storyteller at heart
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills with an ability to simplify messaging and tell a compelling and engaging story
- Comfortable communicating with sales and engineering teams.
- Previous experience with content marketing and inbound marketing concepts, including buyer personas, content journey maps, campaign development, and SEO
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, environment
- Collaborative approach and ability to build strong relationships across the organization
- Detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Track record of developing and managing a robust content development calendar
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Beautiful working environment with yummy snacks
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.