Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems, and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
About the role:
Andela is looking for an experienced leader to build our Business Operations practice. Reporting to the VP of FP&A and Business Operations, the newly created role will play a critical part in helping the company scale efficiently as we grow from over 1,500 employees today to 10,000 employees in the coming years. It’s a highly cross-functional role with exposure to senior management and direct ownership of some of the most impactful projects in the company.
The ideal candidate has significant experience in leading and managing complex global projects with multiple stakeholders. Would need to have strong business acumen and an eye for designing efficient operational processes, systems and organizations, while thinking strategically about how the company continues attaining operating leverage.
- Serve as a partner to the Andela leadership team by leading and executing on key strategic projects and initiatives that drive our ability to scale for continued growth. Examples include identifying and driving the centralization of company-wide processes, recommending new technologies, and leading M&A post-merger integration efforts.
- Identify and implement projects that drive operational efficiencies across all aspects of the business. Examples include driving a shared services strategy and vendor contract negotiations.
- Develop & Monitor KPIs to identify potential areas of opportunity to improve operating leverage and driving those recommendations through to completion.
- Serve as the connective tissue across functional teams to develop and share best practices.
- Influence cross-functional stakeholders on goal setting, process design, project planning and decision making.
- 8+ years of experience, with a combination of consulting and operational experience.
- Track record of proactively identifying, leading and executing high-impact projects in global organizations.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex ideas into actionable recommendations.
- Strong analytical ability with an appetite and desire to delve into details while being able to engage meaningfully on overall strategy.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment with an ability to maintain focus and drive results.
What You’ll Get
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.