Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
Ensure the optimal effectiveness of Andela’s talent matching function and drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance team and therefore business performance. Operate at the nexus of Supply and Demand to ensure cohesive harmony between these core aspects of Andela’s business.
About the Role
Andela is looking for an impact player to join our Talent Matching (Engineer Staffing) team that is specifically focused on supporting a core pillar of our business - matching our incredible engineering talent with our strategic partner demand. This person is action-oriented and able to spot what needs to be done by identifying challenges, inefficiencies and areas of improvement. They can effectively prioritize their time based on what has the most impact, as well as utilize the systems and tools at their disposal to benefit the broader team’s goals.
The current team is a lean and versatile group of folks who spike in analytical thinking, project and stakeholder management, and getting stuff done. As one of three members of this team, you will work closely with leadership across our revenue and talent supply organizations, with your work impacting thousands of engineers and hundreds of partners globally.
Someone who joins the team today will need to be an adaptable team player who is capable of wearing multiple hats and driving commercial outcomes through operational efficiency and innovation. They have an excitement for addressing problems head on by creating a vision and executing using the most effective approach based on the scenario. They will have a keen sense for making improvements to things that can help increase team efficiency. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves to build process vs. follow it, lead and learn simultaneously, and can operate with a high degree of autonomy. As a functional operations role, this position is a great fit for someone looking to continue within functional operations or someone looking to pursue a business strategy and operations role.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives using scalable tools to enhance operational excellence and user experience initiatives
- Scope, plan and conduct analyses in support of strategic and operational projects
- Lead execution of projects/initiatives that directly impact departmental and broader business results
- Make sure cross-functional stakeholders have efficient processes, the right tools, and enough data to do their jobs effectively
- Serve as a primary point person with the data team by knowing where to get the data, running data integrity checks, and proactively communicating relevant data with different departments to drive operational improvements
- Work cross-functionally to develop and execute implementation plans, with appropriate change management and communications strategies
- Clearly and concisely communicate new processes to team and senior leaders
- Understand key performance objectives and metrics to determine where the team can make improvements to productivity
- Provide foundational stability by leading teams towards standardized process adoption to create consistency
- Hold people and other teams accountable for following processes, maintaining strong data integrity, and other collaborations
- At least 4+ years professional experience - ideally, with at least two years of experience at a top-tier consulting or professional services firm AND operational experience at a high-growth company
- Familiarity working in a customer-centric commercial environment that involves the sale of goods and/or services
- Experience with CRM tools like Salesforce and BI tools like Looker
- Proficiency with data analysis; ability to manipulate, analyze, and interpret data strategically
- Structured, logical, and creative thinking: the ability to dissect a problem using a critical approach and iteratively test solutions
- Established track record in driving cross-functional initiatives and/or building out workflows and process improvements within teams that produce measurable impact
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations
- Excited about rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done in the unstructured environment of a hyper-growth startup
- International experience is an asset
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Beautiful working environment with yummy snacks
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status