Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the Role
We are looking for a Sourcing Associate to join our Engineering Recruitment Team. The Talent Sourcer’s responsibilities include using various channels to look for potential candidates to ensure that our Partner’s have the right talent available to them at the right time. Additionally, you will also be responsible for contributing to our employer brand, and scaling the business as we grow as an organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Hiring Managers and the Staffing Team to source for identified requirements
- Identify qualified candidate profiles using various sourcing techniques (e.g. Boolean search, Github, Stackoverflow, LinkedIn )
- Work in partnership with Recruiters, Marketing and other relevant team members to build creative strategies around sourcing and attracting the best talent in a competitive market
- Participate in technology meetup and other external events to connect with potential candidates
- Participate and drive referrals from internal and external networks to fill positions
- Measure and report on recruiting metrics
- Drive sourcing data quality to effectively provide insights into the candidate market
- Be a trusted sourcing advisor with a continuous pulse on the candidate landscape
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or any other relevant field from a reputable institution
Experience and Personality traits:
- At least two years experience in a corporate recruiting or staffing agency recruiting role
- Familiarity with social networks sites like Facebook and Twitter and professional sites such as LinkedIn
- Prior experience using an applicant tracking system tool
- You are a team player and you strive for having great collaboration across teams, functions, and locations
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills
- You take pride in data quality and data integrity
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.