Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
About the role:
Sales is one of the main sources of life in our business; we are looking for someone to partner with sales leaders and guide them through an effective and efficient hiring process. As we move into 2020 we are launching into exponential growth within our sales team.
As the Senior Sales Recruiter, you will be the leading partner to heads of all of our sales teams working alongside them to perfect processes and attract top tier sales talent. You bring the ability to understand how to match talent to the most relevant opportunities, assess candidates’ skills, weaknesses, and potential for growth. To succeed at Andela you must be able to thrive in a dynamic and developing environment, work closely with multiple high-level stakeholders, and manage a high volume of open roles at once.
- Sourcing and Outreach: Proactively identify, recruit and hire talent through the use of LinkedIn, Networking, sourcing referrals, boolean searches, etc.
- Full Cycle Recruitment: Manage 360 degrees of the recruitment pipeline - from profile ideation, outreach, screening, interview panel coordination, scheduling through to offer and close.
- Candidate Management: Strive for exemplary service to all candidates, providing for the highest level candidate experience. Advise and guide hiring managers to properly manage candidates through the pipeline in a timely manner.
- Applicant Tracking System Management: Actively identify talent currently within our database. Maintain meticulous data within Greenhouse. Properly manage prospects and guide hiring managers through proper systems use and internal system communication
- Network and Referral Management: Identify opportunities to further develop and tap into current Andelans’ social and professional networks. Develop and coordinate events that draw potential talent to the Andela brand both online and in-person.
- Stakeholder Alignment: Continuously work with Hiring Managers and Heads of Sales to align on core competencies of all open sales roles and how to measure them accurately and effectively.
- Coach and develop: Ensure that all members of your team are up to speed on the latest developments within the sales hiring organization so that all are well equipped to meet hiring expectations
- Agility: Ability to take on other types of roles outside of sales as needed
- 5+ years of experience in full cycle volume sales recruitment experience
- Experience recruiting sales for a start-up using Greenhouse preferred
- Experience actively sourcing and attracting talent across various platforms (such as LinkedIn, Vettery, social media, and others)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proven senior level relationship management skills as well as the ability to manage up and influence those you support
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel in a complex and developing organization
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.