Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the Role:
Our business is rapidly growing and we need sales leaders who are customer focused, consultative, and comfortable with discussing technology and talent trends with VPs of Engineering and CTOs. While a background in technology is not a requirement, a willingness to learn and empathize with prospects is. In this role you will oversee a portfolio of accounts, lead and mentor a team of motivated Account Executives, and work with the boarder sales organization to improve our process as we scale.
- Manage a team of up to 8 sales executives
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure consistent above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Develop and execute a strategic sales plan into mid-market and enterprise companies with a focus on double digit growth Q/Q
- Refine, measure and optimize a repeatable sales process to successfully achieve the targeted sales KPIs
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue numbers based on expertise in qualification and sales process review
- Create a team culture that’s positive, motivating, and performance-driven
- Sell/coach on selling to the CTO and their direct reports
- Partner with the Sales Development team on creating pipeline of new prospects for Account Executives
- Developing account plans for the client/territory segment vertical.
- Keeping a constantly strategic lens on our supply of engineering talent, working closely with our developer recruiters to ensure that our recruiting efforts yield the right number and mix of talent for partner engagements.
- Thriving in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where the only thing constant is change!
- Strong experience selling consultative solutions/professional services to C-level executives in the mid-market and enterprise segment
- Experience developing and implementing go-to-market sales plans and territory strategy
- 10+ years of B2B Sales, 5+ years in sales leadership roles.
- Strong track record of individual and team quota attainment
- A passion for sales coaching, and developing early and mid-career sales professionals
- Can succeed in an entrepreneurial environment. Enjoys taking initiative and problem solving with imperfect information
- Experience managing longer sales cycles independently and effectively, from origination through close
- Exceptional solutioning and problem-solving skills. Experience crafting client solutions from scratch based on a fundamental understanding of their needs.
- Proven ability to collaborate and influence across organizational boundaries within a highly matrixed sales organization. Effective as an individual contributor and as part of a broader team.
- High-impact communication and presentation skills.
- Superb time-management, organizational, and project-management skills.
- Understands key financial concepts like profit and loss, gross and net margin, and pricing.
- Travel 25-40% of the time, including potential trips to Africa
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.