Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Andela is seeking a senior people strategist (HR Business Partner with some talent development experience mixed in) to partner with our Revenue Organization (Sales, Partner Experience, Partner Success, Sales Operations) This is an amazing opportunity for a passionate and talented human to innovate alongside a stellar growing team and equally passionate and driven leaders.
What Success Looks Like:
You will develop, iterate and execute a people strategy with your client groups - powered by an awesome global people strategy and business strategy. In partnership with the broader people team you identify needs and use existing resources in creative ways, you are willing to innovate when that perfect solution doesn’t exist yet. You will be anticipatory when it comes to critical business issues & opportunities, adept at removing operational obstacles, and familiar with working in a highly matrixed environment. You will help to elevate management and leadership capacity by truly understanding needs and perspectives. Relationships are integral to how you work and you are a powerful influencer and negotiator. You aren’t afraid to use data to drive decision making. You are comfortable with ambiguity, persistent evolution and the grit required to persevere through both! #peopleoverprocess
- Systems thinker - you connect the dots and consider humans, our business and our partners in everything you do
- Storyteller - you connect to humans through thoughtful use of words and data, you synthesize complex things in a way people can relate to
- Business acumen - you play a meaningful role in the strategy of the revenue organization, you are an embedded team member and thought partner
- Talent Wizard - you have built and grown high performing sales organizations through the ongoing development and support of its people.
- Leader - you drive decision making for the overall people plan and roadmap for the revenue org
- Meaningful experience in roles of progressively increasing scope in matrixed, high-growth, organizations
- Experience in a high profile, strategic HR role with heavy executive-level interface and a high degree of executive influence
- Significant depth in OD/Learning, Facilitation, talent preferred
- Specific experience working with a sales organization required
- You love what you do