Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures. And we are just getting started.
Andela is looking for motivated and talented Sales Development Representatives (SDR) to join our growing team in New York City. The SDR is tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities through primarily outbound activities.
Who are you?
You work well under pressure, think out-of-the-box, easily initiate relaxed yet informative two-way phone and email conversations with prospects, and are highly self-motivated. You understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically. You will be expected to report on qualification and call activity and stay thoroughly informed on all services and the engineering industry in general.
- Researching potential engineering leader prospects, contacting them via phone, email, and social media, qualifying them, educating prospects about the services and scheduling meetings with the sales team in a high-activity, high-energy environment
- Independently build and manage your pipeline leveraging our outbound sales software, including Salesforce.com and Salesloft, setting aggressive goals and achieving them
- Provide smooth and value-add transitions into longer conversations with our Account Executives
- Shadow your dedicated Account Executive in meetings and other activities to help you build out your sales skill set and prepare for future roles
- Develop your sales skills via active participation in ongoing trainings
- Thrive with the support of your teammates in weekly meetings and challenging team contests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Persistence and ability to focus on the task at hand
- The ability to triage competing priorities
- Track record of over-achieving goals, in the classroom, on the playing field, or in business
- 0-2+ years of work experience, start-up or trained sales experience a plus
- A strong desire to grow your career in sales
- Live Andela’s EPIC Values… professionalism and integrity are a must!