Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Andela’s Partner Engineering department is charged with delivering high value and quality software engineering services for our Clients (we call them Partners).
Our core delivery model is embedded teams of software engineers who are remote and distributed. As such, you’ll need to be an expert in enabling talented people to deliver their best, providing the support and quality control needed to help them through challenges, and developing the processes, protocols and procedures necessary to scale with our Partners.
We are seeking a seasoned Technology and Engineering Services leader who is passionate about building the next generation of technology leaders in Africa and who knows what it takes to lead Engineering teams to successfully deliver for Partners.
As Director, you are a member of the Partner Engineering management team responsible for executing the strategies and goals for the department. You will shape how we leverage new and emerging programming languages, frameworks, cloud infrastructure, and scalable architecture to deliver world class technology for our partners.
Although you interface with every aspect of Andela, your core stakeholders are Andela’s Partners, Engineering Talent and our Customer Success teams, and so you’re simultaneously the voice of each to various stakeholders. You are constantly asking yourself:
- How do I better ensure that Andela’s Partners are wowed with the quality, engagement and productivity of their Andela Engineering teams?
- How do I better ensure that Andela’s Engineering teams are prepared, supported, and continue to grow as they deliver for our Partners?
You are eager for the challenge of delivering and growing an exceptional engineering service organization. You know how to think – and act – big, while holding a strong moral compass in everything you do.
- Meet or exceed quarterly net churn and expansion targets through delivery leadership, oversight for assigned remote and distributed teams delivering software engineering services for our partners.
- Engage directly with designated partners to drive delivery and excellence including how we supplement/evolve systems, processes and capabilities as needed.
- Design and enforce best practices for how your team builds trusted relationships and influence decision makers on matters related to our partners engineering roadmaps.
- Manage your team’s engineering delivery objectives, priorities, trade offs, risks and escalations working closely with Partner Engineering Leaders alongside Customer Success and Account Management counterparts.
- Identify opportunities to leverage new and emerging engineering delivery capabilities to drive improved value, quality and speed for our teams.
- Lead OKR and career planning objectives for your direct reports and their teams, ensuring compliance of check-ins and performance reviews are met.
- Provide actionable feedback to Andela’s leadership team on all aspects of the organization for continuous scale and improvement.
- Four year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- Over 10 years experience leading remote Engineering delivery teams in software development, technology consulting and/or software product management
- Proven ability to manage and grow high-performing engineering teams.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership and management skills and can work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- A deep commitment to Andela’s mission.
- Willingness to travel periodically between Andela’s centers and our Partners’s offices.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.