Community Manager, Technical Talent
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala, Kigali, Accra and Cairo Andela is catalysing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
You are an inspirational people manager and a thoughtful, data-driven leader of program designers and program managers. You thrive when providing coaching and defining structure for growing teams. You understand that what gets measured is what gets achieved and you balance a ruthless focus on the numbers with a willingness to explore, test, and pilot innovations that amplify existing initiatives.
You are deeply aligned with Andela’s core values and believe strongly in developing and investing in diverse communities of talent. Inclusivity and impact are two of your driving forces. You care for, believe in, and understand the future of Africa’s technology scene, are comfortable talking the talk with global technologists and are committed to leadership in support of others.
About the Community Manager, Technical Talent Role:
You will be responsible for leading, building, and maintaining Andela’s technical talent pipeline of Senior Software Engineers, build scalable programs that attract a broad, diverse group of aspiring African Technologists and prepare them to thrive at Andela as lead engineers for Andela’s clients. You will lead the technical community, own the brand of Andela, build and own country specific and regional strategy, outreach and messaging for the community-at-large. Build models, metrics of success and growth strategies, ensuring long-term success and growth of our community.
Developer Ecosystem Engagement
- Define community building and engagement strategy for Egypt and the region.
- Stimulate advocacy, oversee production and deliver Community engagement materials.
- Develop programs and material to facilitate Senior software developers hiring.
- Represent the organization at conferences, organize / deliver Meetups
- Create opportunities to engage with relevant partners in a way that generates maximum value for our community.
- Driving meaningful engagements with key stakeholders within the wider ecosystem.
- Create programs to increase organization’s brand awareness for decision makers and developers in our ecosystem.
- Manage and optimize outreach budget across community engagement, advertising, content marketing, events, etc
Grow with Andela Programs
- Build Andela technical community of software engineers and ensure that it is active and sustainable to track performance for skill building and learning of its members.
- Drive initiatives in partnership with other departments that increase technical expertise by stack of community members through technical workshops, stack meetups, hackathons, etc.
- Iterate program design and program management methods to improve exponentially efficiency and scale of existing programs..
- Senior Software Engineers within the Ecosystem
- Andela Partners
- Technical Community members
- Engineering recruitment team
- Product Marketing Team
- Partner Engineering Team
- Marketing Team
- Operations Team
- Curriculum Team
- Partnerships Team
- People and Culture Team
As the ideal candidate for this role you should have:
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant managerial experience and strong leadership skills.
- Deep understanding of the Egypt Developer Ecosystem, other notable community experience will be accepted.
- Understanding of how to leverage technology and build scalable systems, programs, and teams without compromising quality;
- Have outstanding written and spoken communication skills as well as good listening skills.
- You are a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Have a high level of attention to detail and organization
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status