Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge ship faster by that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
Andela is looking for an SMB Account Executive to join the team! As a key member of our sales organization, you’ll play an invaluable role in Andela’s growth strategy. You’ll be an individual contributor focusing solely on new business, selling to prospects and managing qualified leads generated by our sales development organization. You’ll also leverage your own prospecting skills to bolster your pipeline, all the while contributing to best practices that support the success of your greater team.
Who you are:
- Confident: You’re a natural at conveying value, and you know how to stand your ground.
- Dedicated: You love to sell, and you have a track record that shows you’re good at it.
- Persuasive: You’re an expert at navigating difficult conversations and getting your customers on board.
- Adaptable: You’re positive in the face of adversity and love the challenge of an ever-changing environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You love solving new problems, and you’re comfortable taking initiative, while working with imperfect information.
- Results-oriented: You have a bias for action and don't give up easily.
What you’ll do:
- Manage multiple prospects simultaneously at various stages of your pipeline
- Be an impactful player on a quickly evolving sales team at a mission driven startup
- Drive an effective sales process to hit your quarterly and annual goals
- Actively prospect with a mixture of cold calling, emailing, and social selling to supplement the lead flow provided by a dedicated team of Sales Development Representatives
- Educate Engineering leaders on the value of Andela in a thoughtful way
- Work closely with Sales Engineers to provide recommendations based on a customer’s engineering leads
- Drive week in and week out to to meet and exceed your KPI’s
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You have at least 3 years of experience in sales
- You have a robust sales methodology that you continually improve
- You understand both product and service sales and what it means to sell along a protracted sales cycle
- You’ve had plenty of hits and misses--and can clearly discuss the lessons learned from those misses
- You’ve successfully sold in a high velocity model with sales cycle under 60 days
- You organize your time to hit the biggest milestones
- Experience working with a lead-generating marketing team is a plus
- Experience working with a variety of sales enablement technologies (Salesforce, Sales cadence software, Zoom, Gong, etc.) is a plus
- Startup experience is a plus
- Work on a dynamic, growing team
- Join at the start of an exciting venture
- Full benefits and competitive salary commensurate with experience