The Andela Campus Coders Program is aimed at engaging resourceful students either studying computer science, a related field or with a strong interest in software development and helping others learn and grow. As an Andela Campus Coders Lead (ACCL) you will lead campaigns and events in your respective universities and communities to create awareness about Andela and contribute to the development of technology leaders in Rwanda and Africa.
Being an ACCL requires an understanding of the Andela Fellowship, its model of operation and ethos. It takes someone who can lead, inspire others and get things done. The ACCL aspires to accomplish beyond what is expected and is passionate and enthusiastic about software development. You will have an opportunity to work closely with the Andela team to tailor program initiatives to campus-specific opportunities.
You are an ideal candidate if you enjoy communicating with people both online (we love social :-)) and offline, are comfortable planning, presenting, already connected with groups and organizations on campus, and are excited to expand your network. This is a chance to grow, learn and get your work experience off to an incredible start by helping Andela identify, develop and foster technical talent in your community.
As an ACCL you will have the opportunity to:
- Help promote and grow the Technical community in Rwanda and beyond.
- Plan and host events on (or off) campus on behalf of Andela and act as a campus/community contact for Andela teams.
- Help Andela better understand the culture at your university/community.
- Preparation for leadership roles through mentorship from Andela Developers/staff.
- Observe Andela Bootcamp sessions and participate in Andela events.
- Significant marketing and software development experience.
- Jumpstart your professional career and build your professional network within Andela and beyond.
- Monthly stipend provided to facilitate you in organizing the meetups and activities
- Mentorship from Andela developers
- Invest 12 hours monthly in Andela-related initiatives and activities
- Work closely with the Andela team to achieve set KPIs
- Plan four (4) Andela events over a period of 12 months (1 per quarter).
- Create an Andela ListServ for your university/community.
- Attain a deep understanding of Andela and our program.
- Act as liaison between Andela and other communities on and off campus.
- Share Andela fellowship cycles online (e.g. social media and other student forums) and engage students with any questions regarding applications.
- Network and build trusting relationships with students/community and be the first point of contact.
- Monitor online comments and respond or forward to Andela marketing department.
- Assist in organizing marketing events within campus/community
- Track students’ preferences and suggest advertising and positioning ideas.
- Provide feedback to the Marketing department regarding students’ requests/concerns
Criteria for Eligibility
- Enrolled in full-time undergraduate study (or enrolled as an active member of the community or society where you intend to be an ambassador)
- Self driven person with strong desire to learn and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Strong network with student organizations or the community you wish to represent.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong and engaging social media presence on more than one platform.
- Computer science, a related field or a strong interest in software development encouraged.
- Women strongly encouraged to apply.
- An approachable, friendly personality, and a desire to meet new people is a must!!
Program and recruitment/period
The Program typically runs for 6 months, Andela reserves the sole discretion to end the program earlier. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by August 16, 2019 and will be notified by August 23, 2019 about the status of their application.