Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Partner Success Manager Role Overview:
We are seeking a passionate Partner Success Manager who will be responsible for owning relationships within our client base post-sale. Within their book of business, the Partner Success Manager will be accountable for client retention, engagement, natural growth, and optimization. You will be the face of Andela to our clients and work diligently to meet their core business needs through successful placement of our world-class developers. You are able to seamlessly support clients and ensure their positive experience using strong data-driven approaches and proven problem-solving skills. Within this role you will need to be proficient in managing various external and internal stakeholders.
Part relationship manager, project manager, consultant, and coach, Partner Success Managers are continually focused on maintaining a positive client experience and helping our clients effectively scale distributed engineering teams.
Individuals in this role earn trust and build frustration-free experiences through a seamless client onboarding experience, creative problem-solving, and ongoing client education. A key aspect of this role will be to help the client realize the full value of their investment leading to a direct, positive impact on growing their teams and renewing with Andela. You are passionate about innovative business models and products, have an understanding of how start-up companies work (and want to learn more!). Your strong attention to detail sets you apart from your peers. You never miss a deadline, and are able to synthesize large amounts of complex information in a way that is well received and understood by others.
The ideal candidate for this role thrives in a rapidly changing, complex work environment and you have a proven track record in managing long-lasting client relationships.
In this job, you will:
- Be accountable for the success of the client relationship post contract signature
- Own the on-boarding experience from the time a deal closes, which includes managing client teams, internal stakeholders, and resources to support the effort
- Drive churn numbers to all-time lows
- Consistently find ways to help the client recognize their return on investment
- Grow your accounts naturally through excellent client service
- Manage client relationships by organizing and leading routine check-in points, educating and integrating the client and developer, and tracking progress to create a sustainable partnership
- Creatively problem solve to ensure we’re finding the balance between advocating for the client while balancing business needs
- Proactively and swiftly escalate when necessary to solve for challenges that arise throughout the client lifecycle
- Uncover opportunities for growth by understanding client’s business needs and facilitate upsell conversations between Account Manager and client
- Work cross-functionally with Andela counterparts to manage healthy partnerships and ensure developer success
- Be accountable for accurate data upkeep
- Partner with Andela’s Product team and cross-functional stakeholders to provide client feedback and support the evolution of Andela’s solution
- Identify clients who are willing to serve as references, as well as facilitate conversations between existing clients and potential clients where fit exists
- Help drive client references, referrals, and product adoption
- Assist with internal operational tasks and projects, including reporting, data gathering and issue resolutions
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- 4+ years years of professional work experience
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in a client-facing client success, account management or professional services organization
- Consistent track record of exceeding KPIs and providing professional client service in a dynamic, start-up environment
- Exceptional communication skills, highly organized, and collaborative
- Unprecedented attention to detail - you let nothing go unnoticed, overlooked, or undone
- Strong writing skills, with a keen eye for polish, grammar, and tone
- You consider project management a strength and have experience using internal resources and stakeholders to execute against deadlines
- You have work experience with best-in-class technology companies and/or with distributed teams
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to strengthen internal relationships and inspire client loyalty and adoption
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.