Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role:
With seven Andela offices on two continents, we continue to have the need to send employees on both short and long term assignment across Andela offices. This position requires a motivated self-starter who is able to wear multiple hats, carry initiatives from start to finish, and can work effectively at all levels of the organization across the uniquely cross-cultural Andela environment. The Global Mobility Manager based in East Africa will be responsible for shaping and executing Andela’s Global Mobility program.
- Work closely with the Travel Director and relevant stakeholders to develop and implement a strategic mobility program and efficient processes with focus on assignee experience
- Manage day-to-day inbound and outbound immigration & relocation program for Africa and act as a liaison between assignees and multiple vendors (immigration, relocation, tax advisor)
- Maintain and track visa and work permit status for all authorized employees. Ensuring all data pertaining to assignees is up to date
- Ensure appropriate communication with all stakeholders and liaise with assignee to keep them informed of progress during work authorization process
- Handle and resolve escalations and exceptions by facilitating stakeholder discussions that balance business needs, employee experience, and risk mitigation
- Develop close partnership with other functions (i.e. Finance, People team, Country leadership) to ensure effective management of full assignment cycle i.e. immigration, benefits, payroll, tax, and expense reimbursements
- Monitor and improve Andela's immigration policies and compliance processes
- Work closely with the Finance team and outside tax service providers to advise on tax equalization, tax briefing, and tax implications for employees on assignment
- Provide assignment cost projections and assist the People team with drafting assignment letters, where applicable
- Responsible for vendor invoice processing and tracking of payment status
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with senior leaders within Andela
- Assist with special projects related to regular business travel, as needed
- 5-7 years of post-undergraduate, full-time work experience
- Minimum of 4 years global mobility/expatriate management experience including immigration, tax, assignment benefits, and/or payroll
- Working knowledge of immigration processes in Africa, with emphasis on East Africa and Global Mobility practices and processes
- Ability to interact with executive staff & management team.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to execute through to completion
- Exceptional customer service skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.