Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role:
Andela is looking to hire an experienced travel manager to support the Travel team to build a world class travel agency within Andela. As part of our business model, Andela’s software engineers travel for at least two weeks a year to our partners’ offices, predominantly based in the United States, with a few partners located in different parts of the world. With seven offices on two continents, we also have other Andela employees traveling between offices every week.
Working with the Global Travel Director, the Senior Manager will be responsible for developing strategies, improving travel processes and crafting programs to achieve travel efficiency and best-in-class travel experience for all customers.
This role will be based in one of our offices in East Africa and responsible for Africa outbound and inbound travel. KPIs will include but not limited to traveler experience index, operational excellence, and cost optimization.
- Support the growth, demands and unique needs of our centres in Africa to achieve key business results and generally oversee travel operations
- Work with the country travel leads to revamp processes, plug gaps and build an effective travel program with high focus on customer satisfaction. Responsible for operational excellence
- Scope, plan and roll-out systems and tools that will help scale our travel program and collaborate with country travel leads for successful country-level launches
- Manage strategic sourcing of travel service providers, negotiation, contract implementation and vendor management
- Leads quarterly and annual business reviews of service providers
- Monitor and report overall performance to key travel metrics such as policy compliance, travel spend, customer satisfaction and cost savings to the Travel Director and to the leadership team
- Develop close partnership with other functions (i.e. Finance, People team, Country leadership) and internal stakeholders including Senior Leadership, Sales, and PX to achieve key business objectives
- Design and implement monthly travel training and webinars for new travelers
- Build a strong and experienced team of travel arrangers/travel counselors to support strategic business travel to our partners’ offices
- Demonstrate a customer-centric behaviour by continuously monitoring and addressing customer satisfaction, developing trust with stakeholders, proactively resolving issues and effectively communicating proposed solutions
- Provide continuing benchmark analyses and recommendations for new technology and systems to optimize travel operations while enhancing the overall travel experience.
- Lead, coach, mentor and manage a distributed travel operations team
- Escalate key issues to the Travel Director and perform other duties as assigned
- 5-7+ years of post-undergraduate, full-time work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing people
- Expert in managing travel operations in a complex and global environment
- Significant experience building and leading a high performing team
- Strong customer service orientation with exceptional interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Track record of achieving operational excellence while leading a diverse team
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills. The ability to apply sound judgment when taking decisions
- Fantastic communication skills across all levels of the organization, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and ability to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm is a must
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.