Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role:
As part of our business model, Andela’s software engineers travel for at least two weeks a year to our partners’ offices, predominantly based in the United States, with a few partners located in different parts of the world. With seven offices on two continents, we also have other Andela employees traveling between offices every week.
Andela is looking to hire an experienced travel manager to support the Travel team to build a world class travel agency within Andela. This individual will be responsible for day-to-day support for Travel Management across Andela. The successful candidate will have travel management related experience, ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Enforce a business-wide culture where Andelans understand travel processes, have a clear understanding of the policy, and travel efficiently to minimise cost of travel.
- Implement departmental agreed strategies and tools to automate and improve excellent customer satisfaction
- Organize and present statistical data to ensure a cycle of operational excellence and continuous improvement. Also ensure proper tracking and recording of all travel related expenses.
- Providing Andelans with seamless and best in class travel experience.
- Monitoring vendor service delivery to ensure it is in line with agreed SLAs and best in class service
- Responding quickly and proactively to travelers requests and resolving complaints
- Ensure all direct reports and teams have clear objectives, conduct regular check-ins and review and ensure development opportunities
- Contribute to the development of Andela global travel policies and guidelines as the business scales
- Identify opportunities for Andela to improve/optimize developer travel as well as prepare and submit monthly travel reports as required
- Review travel incident log on a weekly basis and prepare reports on incidents for travel leadership
- Source for the best and competitive rates for travel service providers (hotels, car companies, agents etc.
- Partnering with emergency preparedness vendors to ensure employee safety at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- 4+ years in the travel industry or similar industry
- Must be detail-oriented, analytical and organized with experience creating, analyzing and managing reports
- Must possess a positive attitude, strong customer service skills and a passion for excellent customer service
- Good time management skills with the ability to multi-task even under immense pressure
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize, handling last-minute complications while successfully producing results and work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience or interest in working with different cultures/ global teams are a plus
- Diplomatic and patient.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.