At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers and connect them with employers around the world seeking top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit and determination to improve the status quo are only a few of the many resources the remarkable Andela team brings with them.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class fellows in the next 10 years. Read more about why Forbes magazine named us one of the 10 most important social impact companies today.
About the Role
We are seeking a dedicated, knowledgeable, passionate, people and systems-oriented People Manager with strong HR Generalist skills to support and lead our US team in finding, supporting, and inspiring a quickly growing world-class team based in New York City that supports hundreds of developers across Africa.
At Andela we know that talent is evenly distributed but that opportunity is not. As a top-notch People Manager, you will be responsible for building the team + systems that enable the NYC team to run and grow smoothly with the necessary information, support systems, and guidance that let team members thrive at their jobs in support of Andela Fellows.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
The right candidate is excited about and naturally gifted at handling all aspects of HR. The People Manager will:
- Implement, document, communicate, and administer HR policies/procedures
- Manage and maintain operational processes within the US
- Deliver new hire on-boarding program
- Collaborate with a Global Team to create automation and efficiencies across the US Employee Population.
- Employee benefit programs administration.
- Offboarding processes
- Implement and collaborate with talent development teams to implement and maintain performance management programs
- Understand employee pulse and create action plans for employee escalations and core employee relations concerns.
- Responsible for people data reporting and records management
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Experience. 5+ years of experience in HR Function. 2 years of generalist experience preferred. Nice to have thorough understanding of all of the following: benefits administration, immigration, HRIS, employee relations, terminations, compliance, and policy creation in a high growth atmosphere
- Knowledge. You’ve done this before, falling down and getting bruised, but getting back-up again improving through each experience. You stay up-to-date on compliance changes and industry best practices.
- Communication. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Empathy. You care deeply about taking care of people and approach the role with a proactive, service-oriented mentality as well as with utmost discretion
- Trust. People at all levels feel comfortable approaching you for help, while your strong communication skills leave nothing to doubt
- Precision. You are process-oriented, metrics-driven and have uncanny attention to detail
- References. Strong ones :)
- Flexibility: Ability to start ASAP
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.