Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development. Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technology leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
About the Role:
Andela has an exciting career opportunity for an Internal Audit Senior Manager to join our team.This is a unique opportunity to build and reinforce a global internal audit practice within a high-growth company. The Internal Audit Senior Manager will establish and manage a risk based approach audit program objectives and strategy, plan audit engagements, review and approve audit work plans, streamline testing procedures, and consolidate reporting and present analysis to executive leadership.
- Endorse a collaborative audit and advisory practice through strong, professional relationships with management.
- Identify strategic risks and business objectives in the development and ongoing monitoring of the annual audit plan.
- Review and approve audit work plans.
- Provide guidance on testing strategy and procedures.
- Identify performance metrics, review performance reports, establish a regular reporting channel and cadence, and present a summary of audit plan execution and results to executive management and Audit Committee timely.
- Advice on reporting strategy accounting for audience, objective, and formatting effectiveness. Review, edit, and comment on audit reports.
- Refine and maintain Audit Charter, establish the Audit Committee reporting strategy, facilitate the formalization of the Audit Committee, and lead preparations on reporting.
- Establish policies and procedures as appropriate to guide the Internal Audit Department.
- Provide support to resolve internal control deficiencies and monitor remediation plans with management.
- Serve as primary liaison with external auditors in planning, organizing, and executing on-site audits.
- Lead and develop an internal team including talent acquisition, retention and career development.
- Ensure adequate department resources, expertise and skills to execute the Internal Audit activity, including outsource relationships.
- Manage the development and implementation of systems, tools and processes required to support the Internal Audit group.
- Support other risk and compliance initiatives as needed.
- 7-10 years experience
- Internal and/or external auditor experience
- CIA, CPA, CISA, ITGC audit experience a plus
- Exposure to accounting and information security practice areas a plus
- Strong understanding of audit standards and practice
- Strategic mindset, tech savvy, strong judgement and decision-making
- Comfortable with design and presentation tools
- Skillful reporting to executives and upper-management including delivery of audit results and deficiencies.
- Ability to work independently and deliver.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, methodical, and structured with ability to think outside the box.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal and written - with the ability to convey technical jargon in simplest terms.
- This role is highly cross-functional. A successful candidate is able to listen and distill large amounts of information from competing priorities, to facilitate decision-making, and to develop, execute, and project manage work plans.
- High personal responsibility, accountability, and integrity required.
- Resourcefulness, curiosity, and solutions-oriented mindset desirable.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and takes initiative to fill in and solve grey areas.
- Some international travel may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.