Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Team
The Internal Communications team at Andela is small but mighty! The team’s objective is to create alignment across Andela starting with our mission and values and then our changing strategic priorities and goals as Andela evolves and scales. The Internal Communications team will effectively disseminate key information creating organisational alignment through various channels effectively reaching our distributed network of Andelans globally.
As well as driving the overall Internal Communications strategy and execution, the team partners with leadership to help them deliver impactful communications aligned to our core messaging and will support key company wide campaigns and change management.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Lead a global team of two and growing
- Evaluate existing communications framework, content and channels, and build an effective communications strategy to be rolled-out across internal stakeholders
- Build and execute a thoughtful internal communications program that evolves alongside our fast-growing company including driving the strategy and cadence for employee all-hands, staff meetings, executive meetings and other internal events
- Advise, edit and write internal communications on behalf of leadership that are clear and consistent
- Create and lead campaigns to build employee pride and engagement
- Develop and execute change communications for company transformation programs
- Develop and execute a content strategy for the intranet, newsletters, office digital programming and more
- Partner with IT and HR to drive employee adoption of communication and collaboration tools
- Measure the impact and effectiveness of internal communications campaigns to improve short-term and long-term strategies
What you’ll bring to our team:
- Meaningful experience developing successful internal communications programs in a dynamic global organization
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management and project management capability
- Stellar written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to build consensus at all levels
- Expertise in how thoughtful and creative communications strategies can impact employee behavior and the nuances of effective internal communications
- Flexibility to travel as needed (20%)
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.