Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development. Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technology leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
About the Role:
Andela is seeking a Senior People Operations Coordinator to work with the People team to build our organizational capacity and ensure we are creating an environment in which our staff can realize their full potential. To be successful in this role, the right candidate will bring knowledge and experience in providing People generalist support for Andela Kenya across key functional areas, including employee relations and engagement, compensation and benefits.
- Local people operations policy and process management in compliance with the local labour laws and conduct periodic audit checks
- Staff compensation management
- Benefit Management
- Provide learning and guidance to staff on performance management
- Support the local staff promotion process
- Work with stakeholders to ensure day-to-day operations of People related functions are addressed in a timely, effective and proactive manner.
- People operations related project management as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors degree in a social science, education, or HR related field such as psychology
- At least Kenya HR certification - KNEC or CHRP ongoing
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Kenyan labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to Andela Kenya.
- Ability to intervene with all levels of staff, partners and contractors, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public with diplomacy and firmness.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply People rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Must be a nice person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.