Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali, Cairo and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the role:
Andela has recently surpassed the exciting milestone of 1,700 Andelans (1200+ software engineers) globally, and plans to double over the next year — our Engineering hiring team will drive much of that growth.
Andela is looking to hire a new leader to oversee global talent acquisition, operations and analytics for software engineering. This is Andela’s most senior recruiting leadership position - and leads Andela’s supply hiring engine for industry talent. The role will inherit and scale out a high volume technical talent acquisition org - scaling this from hundreds of hires to thousands per year.
The role will manage a blend of new and tenured managers and requires next level excellence in business-minded analytical thinking and people management. The right candidate for this role is equally fluent in high volume talent acquisition, shifting demands, executive level stakeholder engagement and strategic leadership.
- Scaling a high-performing engineering/technical recruiting organisation - focussed on hiring technologists across Africa
- Being a motivated self-starter who drives initiatives from start to finish, and can work effectively at all levels of the organization across the uniquely cross-cultural Andela environment.
- Creating and managing quarterly operational planning process; working closely with leaders in Recruiting, Staffing, Business Operations and Partner Engineering
- Distributed leadership of 3 pillars:
- Firstly - managing Andela’s newly developed technical sourcing engine, focussed on talent mapping and passive technical candidate search
- Secondly - overseeing and continuing to scale Andela’s 360 recruiter organisation, leading several experienced technical recruiting managers
- Thirdly - scaling out Andela’s Engineering Recruiting Analytics/Operations group
- Communication / Collaboration:
- Clearly and concisely communicate findings to senior management
- Structure and package work into compelling presentations and communications that influence various audiences, including executives
- Proven track record of leading high-performing, high-volume talent acquisition groups
- 8+ years experience across recruiting and other related talent acquisition/HR roles
- Structured, logical, and creative thinking: the ability to dissect a problem using a critical approach and iteratively test solutions
- Proficiency with data analysis; prior use and ability to articulate effective methods of leveraging tools like Looker, Tableau, Stata, Hubspot, Salesforce etc.
- Established track record in driving cross-functional initiatives with measurable impact
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations
- Produce articulate and persuasive cross-functional leadership-level presentations of strategic initiatives
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.