Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
This position exists to ensure the timely preparation of monthly accounts and ensure the timely completion and accurate recognition of expenses. In addition to this, the role spearheads the timely payment of suppliers, statutory deductions and filing of statutory returns. This position reports to the Director of Accounting.
- Manage the accounts payable function by ensuring timely posting of invoices and payment of suppliers;
- Manage the accounts receivable process including billing and debt collection;
- Manage the treasury function by updating the weekly bank positions and payment plans and ensuring the bank accounts are adequately funded;
- Preparing monthly reconciliations for all bank accounts;
- Post all transactions to the general ledger including petty cash, bills, payments and month end journals;
- Assist in the month end close process by preparing schedules and reconciliations of all general ledger accounts;
- Perform monthly reconciliations of intercompany transactions;
- Assist in payroll preparation; and
- Assist during both internal and external audits.
- Support special projects and initiatives with accounting team members and cross functional partners.
- University degree plus ICPAR/ACCA/CPA qualification
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Minimum of 2 years of audit experience will be an advantage
- Sound knowledge of Cairo tax laws and regulations
- An excellent team player with a strong sense of integrity, ownership and dedication
- Proactive with a strong work ethic including excellent interpersonal and soft skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Flexible with ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Proficiency in ERP software, NetSuite a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office tools
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.