Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Austin, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali, Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
IT Security Manager position will be responsible for running company-wide IT security architecture. You will be responsible for designing, planning, implementing and overseeing overall IT security within Andela infrastructure by establishing policies and best practices that govern security. You will carry out a risk assessment, plan for risk treatment plans and define controls against identified risks. You will implement ISO 27001:2013 security standard as the lead across Andela. You will recommend other security standards based on business operations as Andela continues to scale. This position involves periodic, international travel. You will be reporting to the Director of IT. The IT Security Manager is responsible for building and maintaining reliable network security infrastructure across Andela.
- Define and implement IT security architecture for Andela while being guided by internationally recognized standards like ISO, SOC, and GDPR.
- Lead cross-departmental IT & infosec initiatives including security architecture design and implementation, and security policy establishment and coordination.
- Lead periodic reviews and exercises that accomplish regulatory and security objectives such as IT risk assessments, IT incident management and postmortems, data breach scenario planning, and response protocol, GDPR Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Coordinate closely as a thoughtful, solutions-oriented business partner with teams across the company including People, Operations and Facilities, Legal and Compliance, Sales, Products and Engineering.
- Establish security frameworks to proactively capture and report on security violations.
- Plan, schedule and carry out security risks assessments, penetration testing and vulnerability tests with the aim of retaining excellent security operations.
- Ensures that all Andela IT security practices are in compliance with local and international laws.
- Identify, budget and implementing security solutions within Andela.
- Protect system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Be the single point of contact for security-related exercises e.g audits, incident management, breach response and treatment, client due diligence and vendor evaluation requests etc.
- Recognize problems by identifying abnormalities, reporting violations and providing relevant solutions
- Implement security improvements by assessing the current situation, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
- Upgrade system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keeps users informed by determining and creating security awareness content and security knowledge sharing methodologies, protocols, and procedures.
- Identify and monitor security performance metrics, prepare performance reports and regularly communicate systems status.
Qualifications & Experience
- 6 years’ experience in IT security, governance, risk and compliance
- Bachelor Degree in IT or a related field
- Must hold Security certification from a recognized professional body e.g CISM, CISA, CEH, SCPP, ISO etc.
- Must have implemented ISO 27001:2013 standards in a leading role in a big organization.
- A good understanding of computer networks, a Cisco or any other network certification is an added advantage.
- Skilled communicator (both verbal and written) who will be drafting policies, leading presentations, and launching org-wide initiatives.
- Strong project management skills a must. Familiarity with risk-based decision-making.
- Experience in systems administration and network security, network troubleshooting, network protocols, routers, hubs, and switches.
- Ability to work with different operating systems i.e. MacOs (preferred), Windows, and Linux
- Experience working with cloud-based systems
- Experience with process design, improvements, and operationalization
- A good grasp of technical installations and the willingness to learn
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware, and other equipment
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology.
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.