Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali, Cairo and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
The Operations Intern should be someone with less than 3 years of experience. We will also consider strong candidates who are currently in a university program.
The job will be for a three-month period.
Roles and Responsibilities
Operations, Events and logistics:
- Support team with travel logistics including accommodation, transportation, etc.
- Support with event logistics, planning and execution.
- Perform company-related duties in collaboration with teams across Operations, HR, Marketing and Finance.
- Handle and manage sensitive company documents.
- Maintain office space to ensure it is accessible and in good condition
- Provide operational support to Andela employees to ensure they have the right resources to effectively perform their job duties.
- General administrative support to Operations leadership as might be required.
Vendor management and procurement:
- Liaise with key vendors and suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of work tools and other supplies
- Manage database of vendors with relevant information and update as necessary.
- Set SLAs for vendors and ensure that contractual terms are followed.
- Support issue of LPO from Finance.
- Timely procurement of items ensuring best value for money.
- Track office supplies and trigger restock when minimum re-order level is approached.
Data handling and reporting:
- Drive automation of processes, support documentation of existing processes and creation of new processes where gaps are identified.
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and analyse same to provide insight into financial operations as might be required.
- Prepare weekly expenditure reports for Office Management unit and take ownership of monthly budget vs actuals.
- Degree from an accredited College or University.
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets and Slides).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to work with limited supervision.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Fast learner who is able to work in a team
- A driven self-starter
- Has strong interpersonal skills.
- Has excellent critical thinking, analytical mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Pays great attention to details.
- Is personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people.
- Has strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of documents and other sensitive information.
- Has strong analytical skills.
- Has a genuine interest in Operations Management and Project Management.
- Shows commitment to the aims and values of Andela.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology.
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family.
Interested? If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- A monthly stipend
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.