Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalysing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Team
The Talent Strategy & Operations team focuses on executing cross-functional, high-impact initiatives that accelerate Andela’s growth. Examples of what that could look like include:
- Identifying, defining, and rolling out updates to our Training Program that reduce cost of D0 by 25%
- Rolling out new program offerings, training programs, and income streams for Talent Development Department
- Identifying opportunities to create operational efficiency through streamlining, simplification, and automation to reduce developer SLAs by 15% and increase NPS of talent offering from 30 to 50
- Reducing CAC of our training recruitment by 30%
True to our name, we drive the Talent side of the business at both the operational and strategy level. We identify business inefficiencies & opportunities, analyze their impact to prioritize them across stakeholder groups, determine root causes, and design and implement scalable high-impact solutions.
We drive deep into our existing operational processes and ask, “Why do we do it this way? What could be optimised, scaled, automated, simplified?” and of course, “how is this going to affect the bottom line of our business?”
This role requires next level excellence in business-minded analytical thinking, project and stakeholder management, and getting stuff done. A person who excels in this role will be comfortable sourcing and using data to identify business improvement opportunities, and creating artefacts and dashboards that communicate effectively across all levels and functions within the organisation.
- Planning and Reporting
- Drive and run quarterly operational planning process; working closely with leaders in sales, TDD, product, and finance
- Design and Implement key business initiatives
- Project Management
- Lead execution of large-scale projects that directly impact business results
- Work cross-functionally to develop and execute implementation plans, with appropriate change management strategies
- Data Analysis
- Lead analytical deep-dives to explain business performance, identify issues and uncover levers for improvement.
- Identify inefficiencies, and scope, plan and conduct analyses to successfully execute strategic and operational projects
- Communication / Collaboration
- Clearly and concisely communicate findings to senior management
- Structure and package work into compelling presentations and communications that influence various audiences, including executives
- Primary point person with the data team
- Know where to get the data
- Running data integrity checks
- Proactively communicate relevant data with different departments to drive operational improvements
- Structured, logical, and creative thinking: the ability to dissect a problem using a critical approach and iteratively test solutions
- Proficiency with data analysis; ability to interpret and manipulate data strategically
- Established track record in driving cross-functional initiatives with measurable impact
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations
- Produce articulate and persuasive cross-functional leadership-level presentations of strategic initiatives (Sr. Director Staffing, Director PX, VP Developer Delivery, etc)
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.