Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage
About the Role:
We are seeking a leader who will partner with Andela’s Engineers and Engineering Managers as well as leaders from the Business Development teams to programmatically improve the performance of our software developers. Andela’s customers have wide ranging needs, and our software engineers have a desire to gain and develop the skills required to deliver value to our customers through the delivery of meaningful work. We are looking for a highly experienced technical manager that will design the systems and manage the operations for ensuring that we prioritize the right investments in the right software engineers at the right time to maximize the value addition to Andela’s partner organizations.
- Design representative models of Andela Partner environments for use in diagnosis, preventive churn and ultimately in driving towards partner satisfaction. An Andela engineer can use a model that closely matches their partner as a playbook for creating wins for their partner
- Create assets that capture and support the adoption of best practices demonstrated by high-performing Andela Engineers in the most high-demand skills (i.e. Technical Team Lead, Effective Remote Engineering Service Delivery). Design an operation that tracks compliance with these best practices and the additional value these practices provide to Andela’s customers
- Build and iterate effective performance reports that capture quality improvements for Andela’s engineers
- Design programs that drive the upskilling and certification of unplaced Andela Engineers through Open Source projects in a way that prepares software developers to delight future customers
- Key KPIs:
- # of Upsells per month (planned vs actual)
- Month-on-month Gross Churn (Planned vs actual)
- Successfully worked as a Technical Product Manager/Owner, or Technical Program Manager, or Engineering/other Technical leadership roles. You’ve actuated teams operationally to materialize the goals of multiple simultaneous projects on time while maintaining quality.
- Have at least 4 years of experience working in software product management, software development or technology consulting
- Have at least 2 years of experience leading technical teams of more than 4 ICs at a time
- Have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university
- Have experience effectively working remotely
- Are passionate about the evolving technology landscape and enjoy leveraging advancements to solve business problems
- Have a strong understanding of agile software development techniques
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Has the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-disciplinary and geographically dispersed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and keep track of multiple conversations at once
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.