Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Strategic Partner Success Manager Role Overview:
We are seeking a passionate Strategic Partner Success Manager who will be responsible for Andela’s highest value relationships with our client base. Within their book of business, the Strategic Partner Success Manager will be accountable for client retention, engagement, and optimization. You will be the face of Andela to your book of business and work diligently to meet their core business needs through successful placement of our world-class developers. You are able to seamlessly develop relationships with clients and ensure their positive experience using a strong consultative and data-driven approach. Finding creative solutions is something you find to be exciting and the value of a face to face meeting isn’t lost on you! Within this role you will need to be proficient in managing various Senior-Level external and internal stakeholders.
Part relationship manager, project manager, consultant, and coach, Strategic Partner Success Managers are continually focused on maintaining a positive client experience and helping our clients effectively scale distributed engineering teams.
Individuals in this role earn trust and build frustration-free experiences through a seamless client onboarding experience, creative problem-solving, and ongoing client education. A key aspect of this role will be to help the client realize the full value of their investment leading to a direct, positive impact on growing their teams and renewing with Andela. You are passionate about innovative business models and products, have an understanding of how start-up companies work (and want to learn more!). Your strong attention to detail sets you apart from your peers. You never miss a deadline, and are able to synthesise large amounts of complex information in a way that’s well received and understood by others.
The ideal candidate for this role thrives in a rapidly changing, complex work environment and you have a proven track record in managing long-lasting client relationships with Enterprise clients. This role reports directly into the Director of Partner Success.
In this job, you will:
- Be accountable for the success of the client relationship post contract signature
- Understand the client’s business, product, and technology goals to consistently identify areas where Andela can add value
- Own the onboarding experience from the time a deal closes, which includes managing client teams, internal stakeholders, and resources to support the effort
- Drive churn numbers to all-time lows
- Consistently find ways to help the client recognise their return on investment
- Manage client relationships by organizing and leading routine check-in points, educating and integrating the client and developer, and tracking progress to create a sustainable partnership
- Be responsible for staying up to date on relevant topics and best practices within the industry and your book of business to regularly position yourself as a thought leader
- Hold client-wide trainings/webinars around best practices
- Play a key role in business reviews to ensure our clients are recognizing their return on investment
- Identify and implement process improvements to benefit the greater good of the Partner Success team
- Creatively problem solve to ensure we’re striking the balance between advocating for the client while balancing business needs
- Proactively and swiftly escalate when necessary to solve for challenges that arise throughout the client lifecycle
- Work cross-functionally with Andela counterparts to manage healthy partnerships and ensure developer success
- Be accountable for accurate data upkeep
- Partner with Andela’s Product team and cross-functional stakeholders to provide client feedback and support the evolution of Andela’s solution
- Identify clients who are willing to serve as references, as well as facilitate conversations between existing clients and potential clients where fit exists
- Help drive client references, referrals, and product adoption
- Assist with internal operational tasks and projects, including reporting, data gathering and issue resolution as needed
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- 7+ years of professional work experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a client-facing client success, account management or professional services organization (at least 2 of those years have to be interfacing with Enterprise-level clients)
- Consistent track record of exceeding KPIs and providing professional client service in a dynamic, start-up environment
- Exceptional communication skills, highly organized, and collaborative
- You’re comfortable being in the driver’s seat when it comes to both internal and external interactions
- Unprecedented attention to detail - you let nothing go unnoticed, overlooked, or undone
- Strong writing skills, with a keen eye for polish, grammar, and tone
- You consider project management a strength and have experience using internal resources and stakeholders to execute against deadlines
- You have work experience with best-in-class technology companies and/or with distributed teams
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to strengthen internal relationships and inspire client loyalty and adoption
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.