Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
You will develop an operating model for the people function including setting and executing quarterly goals. You will own delivery of specific strategic projects executing with clear project plans, determining and assigning tasks for project completion and ensuring each project is delivered on time. You are passionate about continuous improvement, constantly assessing the status quo, identifying opportunities for improvement, optimization and providing constructive solutions to simplify and accelerate current programs and processes.
You are a collaborative team member, and self-motivated by your desire to create exceptional outcomes for your team and our business. Creative and analytically minded. Technically adept and excited to be part of a high-growth tech company and a world class team. Passionate about making it easier for teams to do their best work.
In this role you will have an awesome opportunity to further Andela’s strategic and operational people and recruitment functions, touching most facets of our work across the US and Africa.
Project and Program Management
- Lead operating model for the people team including quarterly goal setting and mechanisms throughout the year to successfully deliver our goals
- Formulate and define project scope and objectives, based upon both business & employee needs
- Determine project deadlines and workload ensuring completion on time and on budget
- Actively participates and leads in project tasks: strategic and tactical, supports prioritization of projects across the team
- Some programs you will design, build and handover, others you will retain ownership and execution for
- Creates and executes communication plans for People projects & initiatives
- Effectively communicates complex information and analysis to inform decisions and activities including project overviews, instructions, training guides, presentations
- Thoughtful and sensitive in style/approach
General - Design and Deployment for sample projects including:
- Team onboarding and continuous learning
- KPI cadence, tracking, measurement, reporting
- Optimizing team connect points, ensuring meetings are meaningful and productive
- Partner with centers of excellence and other HR leaders to create and manage change plans, partner with internal communications to create change roadmap and comms
- 4+ years of complex/cross functional project management experience
- Proficient in Gsuite, Office, HR software, Salesforce a plus
- Desire to leverage data to inform decision making
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Ability to evaluate problems and solve them with a strong sense of urgency
- Proven ability to think strategically and focus on business growth
How Success is Measured:
- Exceptional quality of service to the people team and other internal partners/stakeholders, as reflected by their feedback
- Projects delivered on time, on budget
- Key metrics established at project/program outset are achieved consistently (i.e. NPS, engagement scores, retention numbers)
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status